Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha... Get it? Coolers? Cool? Niiiiiice.

Mine has an LED too; super bright! The side has two drain plugs - One at the bottom and one half-way up on the side. The higher up one doubles as a drain, but if you push the button on the outside of the cooler, it illuminates. Very simple, yet presumably helpful feature.

I wonder if I could hook it up to an AUX switch? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 7.16.26 AM.png
That top plug is probably pretty handy when your vacuum seal won’t let you open the lid. That is smart.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not an overlander so this does the job every time on day trips (and sometimes travels into a softball tournament as well). My big boy stays mounted on the boat.
IMG_6658.jpeg
Is that the 35?
And what is this "Big Boy" you mention being on your boat?

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just remember there are things you can do that can ruin a cooler for life, fish meat juice ect clean up asap or live that smell everytime the lid opens.

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the 35?
And what is this "Big Boy" you mention being on your boat?
Yes, this is just the Tundra 35. It’s small enough I can strap it in the back and still have room to strap in my compressor, tools, fire extinguisher, winch bag, morrflate, blah blah blah…
My big boy isn’t that big compared what a lot of people run since it’s just a Tundra 65 but it still weighs over 50 lbs empty, doesn’t fit in the back of the bronco with all my other gear, and when we go to the lake I can ice it down on Friday and not have to buy ice again all weekend even though we are in and out of it constantly all day every day. It fits perfectly between the passenger seat and the rear bench on the boat. You can even drain it without having to move it 😉

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have your standard RTIC 45 and 55

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) 20230215_155223

Or the best choice for that 2-door lifestyle, the Dometic 33

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) Screenshot_20230530_174819_Gallery

An example of how much a 33qt cooler can hold:
Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) 20230527_201157

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) 20230527_201209

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) 20230527_201428

14 lbs of pork butt
9 lbs of ribs
15 lbs of whole chicken and 12 lbs of cool packs

This kept the food cold for 5 hours while shopping on base while the Bronco sat in direct sun (82 degrees ambient, freedom units) the entire time.

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These were my dealer discretion gifts for waiting for 860+ days for ole Pinocchio to arrive! Does anyone remember the dealers getting money from Ford to provide a pacifier gift for waiting forever? My dealer killed it!!!
Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) A075BEB3-D747-4FB9-B227-8383D88F9324

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, this is just the Tundra 35. It’s small enough I can strap it in the back and still have room to strap in my compressor, tools, fire extinguisher, winch bag, morrflate, blah blah blah…
My big boy isn’t that big compared what a lot of people run since it’s just a Tundra 65 but it still weighs over 50 lbs empty, doesn’t fit in the back of the bronco with all my other gear, and when we go to the lake I can ice it down on Friday and not have to buy ice again all weekend even though we are in and out of it constantly all day every day. It fits perfectly between the passenger seat and the rear bench on the boat. You can even drain it without having to move it 😉
I got my 35 when it was on sale about 5 or 6 years ago because I got sick of buying more ice every other day.

It's the perfect size for me. Especially because I don't bring many perishables in the first place. And I make a point to eat first anything that could spoil.

If I am traveling alone, I put it on the front passenger seat so I can grab a chilled a drink on the road. It's the perfect size for that.

My record for holding ice was six days in 90 degree temps, and that particular trip I was in a hurry to get out of town and didn't bother to prechill it.

If I go out for a week, I usually prechill it as well as find a store and add ice halfway through the week just to be safe. But that particular trip, I was in a sedan on a road that I knew I shouldn't keep driving in and out of as it was damaging my underside. That's the only reason I know there is still ice left after 6 days.

Niftysnail

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have been around for 11 years. We are very well known in Western Rafting circles, Arizona in general, and in Western Hunting circles.
We creat our own designs and own our tooling, more rare then you would think. We also have a strong warranty and plenty of great reviews. We
support this forum in addition to Tread Lightly. Look for a Tread Lightly promotion soon..

Our 103 and 125 are silly large for the Bronco, but they fit. Anything from a 22 to a 75 is more likely to be your sweetspot. I run a PRO45 and a Outfitter 22 in my 4dr currently.

We have a sale ending soon on the White Marble. We have a limited run of Mayan Blue dropping this Wednesday. Similar to Area51.

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) A075BEB3-D747-4FB9-B227-8383D88F9324

Those are actually very reasonably priced. I like your soft coolers for my inflatable kayak.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t do the hard coolers anymore, the beers end up looking like they went through a battle from all the bouncing around. I’ve had a few explode on me too. I go with the AO Cooler, I have a 36 and a 12. The soft interior/exterior soaks up a lot of the impact and they are also great to take on boats. I’ve considered adding a 48 as well. Made in USA local to me.

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) EF7DC943-82AA-4BC7-9ED9-378C4CD6FB5B

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) C703EA1A-3598-4ACA-813D-0615A213E3E4

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hows the dometic, if you dont mind me asking? Looks like an ideal size for roadtripping and such.
It was perfect for bringing cold stuff on a trip, then any leftovers to return with. Served well with drinks on ice for over 8 hours. I definitely haven't maximized it's capability yet, very happy so far.

Wanted to chime in that I used the Dometic 33 for a 2,700 mile, 10 day Moab trip including hauling 6 lbs of cured and smoked bacon along with 4 lbs of smoked cheeses that were given to everyone in the group as snacks.

It required a re-fill of ice by day 6 but otherwise has performed very well for its size.

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) 20230320_170634

(Dometic 33 pictured in cargo of Bronco while camping on the White Rim Trail)

Typically a 55 quart will be used for a 3-4 week camping trip to a dry lake bed in the Nevada desert in August where daytime temps are regularly 120+ degrees and shade is minimal/ineffecient. You're faced with the options of "capable cooler and eating food" or "dude, I saved $200 but have to starve to death". I don't even want warm cocktails when it's 120 degrees.

Your standard issue $75 Igloo or Coleman cooler will keep that ice solid for all of about 5 hours. ONLY 20 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

The comments about expensive coolers are hilarious in a group where the minimum purchase price of the vehicle is over $30,000. Seems a strange place to make your stand on the budget, as if buying a Bronco means you must eat rancid food. :ROFLMAO:

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just remember there are things you can do that can ruin a cooler for life, fish meat juice ect clean up asap or live that smell everytime the lid opens.
Denture cleaning tablets work pretty well. Fill it up with water, drop in a handful and let it fizz and sit for 15 min. Easy cleaning for all water bottles, camelbacks, etc.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to chime in that I used the Dometic 33 for a 2,700 mile, 10 day Moab trip including hauling 6 lbs of cured and smoked bacon along with 4 lbs of smoked cheeses that were given to everyone in the group as snacks.

It required a re-fill of ice by day 6 but otherwise has performed very well for its size.

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) Rope me a beer.do

(Dometic 33 pictured in cargo of Bronco while camping on the White Rim Trail)

Typically a 55 quart will be used for a 3-4 week camping trip to a dry lake bed in the Nevada desert in August where daytime temps are regularly 120+ degrees and shade is minimal/ineffecient. You're faced with the options of "capable cooler and eating food" or "dude, I saved $200 but have to starve to death". I don't even want warm cocktails when it's 120 degrees.

Your standard issue $75 Igloo or Coleman cooler will keep that ice solid for all of about 5 hours. ONLY 20 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

The comments about expensive coolers are hilarious in a group where the minimum purchase price of the vehicle is over $30,000. Seems a strange place to make your stand on the budget, as if buying a Bronco means you must eat rancid food. :ROFLMAO:
For me, it’s more knowing a rough idea what it costs to manufacture vs its retail price. Yeti and others have created a monster. Their margins are impressive.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got one of these yesterday but haven't used it yet. Glad you like it!

Ford Bronco Show Us Your Coolers! (Not Fridges) Rope me a beer.do

Magellan from Academy Sports. Pretty happy with it, kept waters frozen/Icy for about 5 days, cold for probably 10.
Sponsored