Sponsored

Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics)

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The OBX comes with 18 inch wheels with 255/70R18's, and the Badlands come with 17" wheels with 285/70R17's. The BD's are approx. I" taller, and 1.2" wider. It's not much of a difference. But I don't think the OBX has the ground clearence of the BL, and I 'm not sure if that little larger tire will cause a problem. I wouldn't think so, but I fairly uneducated when it comes to stuff like this.
You should be fine. There's a couple of examples on here of people putting 285 70 R17 wheels on Base and Big Bends with zero issues.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should be fine. There's a couple of examples on here of people putting 285 70 R17 wheels on Base and Big Bends with zero issues.
Thanks Ben. I was thinking that, but needed some confirmation. As I said, I know very little about sizing aftermarket wheels and tries. Growing up there were like 6-8 choices, but now it's like 600-800. I gets confused sometimes. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok. Thank you. Real world I would think th at your "fine" of not really flexing the suspension (IIRC you don't really plan on it). But if you dropped the rubber to a 275 and a 60/65 should be cool. Maybe ping @Discount Tire for direct questions? 😉
Thanks brother, I'll contact Matt when the time gets closer. If I can't find a set of BL take-offs close by, I will need him. Of course that "closer time" will be next year, I hope........ :)

And true, I definitely won't be doing any rock crawling. With just that basic set-up the Bronco will be more capable than I'll ever be. Old dirt backroads, easy to moderate trails, and power line roads are the limit for me. A man's gotta know his limitations.

Last edited:

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks brother, I'll contact Matt when the time gets closer. If I can't find a set of BL take-offs close by, I will need him. Of course that "closer time" will be next year, I hope........ :)

And true, I definitely won't be doing any rock crawling. With just that basic set-up the Bronco will be more capable than I'll ever be. Old dirt backroads, easy to moderate trails, and power line roads are the limit for me. A man's gotta know his limitations.
Just don't got the speed bumps too hard to cause the spring to compress. 😂

Sponsored

Pstarter

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
285/75/17 on Stock BB Wheels. Zero rub in full lock and full lock reverse. The tires clear the first crash bar by 1.5 inches and the control arm by 1.25 inches.

B

Edit: no lift, no level. FYI Tires are nitto ridge grapplers that nitto specs at:
33.86"11.26"

PXL_20210803_205219391.jpg

PXL_20210803_205015774.jpg

PXL_20210803_202057868.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Great looking ride. Are you planning on doing a lift? and if so which one?

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
[/QUOTE]
Hey @Pstarter . So after putting this bronco though 1k miles and about 30 mi off road, we are going to put a 1" level on it. It does not rub anywhere even off road on some decent trails. I just think it still sits nose low and believe the 1" level should be perfect.

Pstarter

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey @Pstarter . So after putting this bronco though 1k miles and about 30 mi off road, we are going to put a 1" level on it. It does not rub anywhere even off road on some decent trails. I just think it still sits nose low and believe the 1" level should be perfect.

Thanks so much. I plan on putting the same tires on mine once I eventually get it. Glad to hear you are having some fun with it on the trails!!!

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks so much. I plan on putting the same tires on mine once I eventually get it. Glad to hear you are having some fun with it on the trails!!!
A note on these tires for you. They look just a little short of the fender about 1/4 inch. If you want a tire that runs all the way to the fender on these wheels the 295/70/17 might be a better option.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Test fitting 17” TE37s with 275/70/17 K02s on a non SAS.
Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) ABFFADF3-E37F-4A02-A550-EC48160FCC46
Looks awesome! And the look for carb gray and bronze wheels is trending....good and bad.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. I think I will contact 4WP and ask if they have plans to sell just the high-clearance crash bars. Many Thanks,
Ok great. Please report back. Or I can call also to increase the # of folks expressing interest :)

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

17x8.5 -10. Too aggressive for a non SAS, but I think it will be close with the bigger fenders.
You have a side shot to see how far outside flare?
Sponsored