darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. I've been ignoring XM radio as the reception where I live is horrible regardless of vehicle.
Sponsored

Badger_Dad

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had this happen as well and it seems to be very random. Since there are only a limited number of programmable channels, I'll hit a preset and then use the dial to move up or down a channel for similar stations. Occasional, and its only when I go backwards, it will jump all the way to the preview channel and the 999 sports preview. Very frustrating, because then you have to wait for the screen to reset back to normal before you can get to your presets to get back to where you were. I'm not really sure if this is Ford issue, an XM issue, or just an "Us" issue. But it definitely seems to be a real thing which is happening to multiple Bronco owners and hopefully this can be addressed. In the grand scheme of things, this is merely an inconvenience. But on a $50K vehicle, you would expect things to work correctly.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only use presets to navigate SXM but after reading this, I tried using the tune dial. I didnt notice any skipping around. I'll try a few more times

Since there are only a limited number of programmable channels, I'll hit a preset and then use the dial to move up or down a channel for similar stations.
I'm not sure how many presets you have enabled but the system settings allow you to add more. Not sure if you already have the maximum amount ebabled

Badger_Dad

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only use presets to navigate SXM but after reading this, I tried using the tune dial. I didnt notice any skipping around. I'll try a few more times

I'm not sure how many presets you have enabled but the system settings allow you to add more. Not sure if you already have the maximum amount ebabled
I have 10. I use 5 for local FM stations and 5 for XM stations.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you go to SiriusXM settings, you can add up to 6 pages of presets (30 total presets - 5 each page)

Ford Bronco Sirius radio keeps jumping back to channel 1 IMG_8104.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't happen every time you change the channel, it happens after an extended period of listening. I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Sometimes it will be half an hour, sometimes an hour, sometimes several days. It is not dependant on location or time of day. It does not matter what channel you start from.

I have had to do a full system reset a couple of times to get my connected features to work again but I am pretty sure that this is a separate issue.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't happen every time you change the channel, it happens after an extended period of listening. I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Sometimes it will be half an hour, sometimes an hour, sometimes several days. It is not dependant on location or time of day. It does not matter what channel you start from

Alright, I'll try it again on a longer drive this weekend and see if I have any issues. It almost sounds like processor hang/lag. Any other touch input lag you've noticed?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had this happen as well and it seems to be very random. Since there are only a limited number of programmable channels, I'll hit a preset and then use the dial to move up or down a channel for similar stations. Occasional, and its only when I go backwards, it will jump all the way to the preview channel and the 999 sports preview. Very frustrating, because then you have to wait for the screen to reset back to normal before you can get to your presets to get back to where you were. I'm not really sure if this is Ford issue, an XM issue, or just an "Us" issue. But it definitely seems to be a real thing which is happening to multiple Bronco owners and hopefully this can be addressed. In the grand scheme of things, this is merely an inconvenience. But on a $50K vehicle, you would expect things to work correctly.
Hi there, Jim. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this concern on my end.

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s easy and worth a try. Resetting the signal doesn’t have to do with getting channels necessarily but rebooting the radio. Kind of like clearing the cache on your computer. You can literally do this on your phone while sitting in your bronco. Or just keep getting channel 1. 🤷‍♂️
Ok, I tried this and it didn't make any difference at all.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has done this too several times now.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I first got my Bronco this happened very often when I started it, then also randomly as I was driving. After about 2000k miles, it stopped for quite some time. last week it started again, but not as frequent. I've had a Sirius subscription since the beginning as it was transferred from a previous vehicle. As a side note, I did have this happen a few times in my previous vehicle, but maybe a handful of times in many years.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been trying to replicate the steps to make this happen. It happens if the audio is left turned on & set for Sirius when you shut the vehicle off, then the vehicle powers down completely (i.e. stops making all the under hood noises), then start the engine and attempt to change the Sirius channel while Sirius is playing but still booting up. That doesn't explain why it happens after driving for a while, but it is one way to make it happen. I have a paid subscription, my new vehicle trial period expired. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been trying to replicate the steps to make this happen. It happens if the audio is left turned on & set for Sirius when you shut the vehicle off, then the vehicle powers down completely (i.e. stops making all the under hood noises), then start the engine and attempt to change the Sirius channel while Sirius is playing but still booting up. That doesn't explain why it happens after driving for a while, but it is one way to make it happen. I have a paid subscription, my new vehicle trial period expired. Hope this helps.
For me it is happening almost every time after I start the engine and I go to change the channel on Sirius. It actually seems to be worse since I did the refresh of my subscription last week. I have never tried to change the channel while the radio is still booting up, it has always been at least a minute or so later. I have also had this happen when on a long road trip after a couple of hours of listening and I tried to change the channel.

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping the software update that was pushed on Wednesday evening would resolve this but it seems it only added a button on your phone to honk the horn and flash the lights. Thanks @Ford Motor Company for adding dumb features without fixing any issues.
Sponsored