Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon / Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have noticed the improvement with SXM as well!!
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had hoped XM would be a nice option while out of cell range but quickly found that it loses signal in the middle of flat deserts somehow. Not sure how satellite fails like that after decades of operation but I have no use otherwise.
Haven't had the problem in the desert but any tall buildings or even trees, fugetaboutit. My fav is going up to the nearest ski resort, no cell service and no XM. Either have music stored locally or sit in silence.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pandora, much cheaper, zero commercials.
It's a good service, I just don't like how it categories your examples and I never hear anything new or surprising. That being said, sometimes I want that 🤘

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
XM's audio isn't great. I'll use Amazon music at times and it sounds much better.
I run it through the built in Alexa. Sound quality is vastly improved.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
XM seems to have gotten better. A few years ago I remember certain channels/songs that sounded very tinny. Like it was being broadcast through a sewer pipe. That seems to have improved.

I like it and pay for it. I listen to it when I drive, most days at work, and all evening Friday and Saturday; so it's worth paying for it for me.

Though as pointed out earlier in the thread, it is not cheap. It is not worth it for the full price they charge. Start adding on other vehicles, and you're paying close to $50 per month. That's a rip.

Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you call up before it auto renews you can usually get a deal. But let it auto renew and it’s like a second mortgage.

I had it for several years, but mostly listened to talk radio, and it was so full of advertisements I couldn’t rationalize paying to listen to mostly ads. I subscribed to Spotify instead and have been happy since.
Actually, you can chat online and get them to renew at a promotional rate. I have done this the past several years!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Actually, you can chat online and get them to renew at a promotional rate. I have done this the past several years!
Sure - same thing as calling. You just have to remember to do it and not let it kick over to auto renew.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pandora, much cheaper, zero commercials.
Back in the early days of streaming I loved Pandora. I still like it's "radio station" concept much better than Spotify.

But, at least as of a few years ago, they had a much smaller library of music, so after a while you had heard everything. I run into the same thing with Spotify as well if I don't go out and actually search for specific stuff to listen to; it gets too hung up one what you've listened to before and doesn't really branch out too much, so it's always just that one song from the band you like.

Maybe Pandora is better now that SXM owns them.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure - same thing as calling. You just have to remember to do it and not let it kick over to auto renew.
I hate talking on the phone especially when they do not usually speak very good english. Not a problem when chatting.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We pay $4.99 / month + tax , 2-years now
At renewal time just tell em you'll pay $4.99, or you'll cancel it. They'll renew it

There are NO commercials on any Sirius XM music channel we've listened. NO commercials ever. And signal is solid. All the way cross-country and back. We love it
Agree.. I've had Sirius, and then the merged SiriusXM, for about 15-18 years now..

People bash whatever service they don't use and promote whatever service they do use.. What's best is always just an exercise in people saying what service they use while bashing the all others.

There are plenty of good options available but but I've been happy with SiriusXM's price and service so I'll continue to use the service.
Sponsored