First Name
Jessi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a soft top installed last May. It was the Bestop Skyrider. I immediately noticed on the drive home that my Satellite radio was going out intermittently (top up or down, doesn't matter). I did not have any issues prior to having the soft top installed. I called Sirius, and they said the issue is the satellite module or the satellite antenna. I took the bronco into ford, and they were unable to recreate the issue. Some roads I have zero issues, some I have a ton. When i stream Sirius through my phone and pull it over through Apple play, there are no issues. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had SXM go out when driving in the city or under heavy tree cover or under overpasses, etc.... The thing to remember is, with these radios, you can set it to start the song at the beginning on a channel change. If you have this setting turned on, well, you could possibly get a delayed outage after passing under heavy tree cover, overpass, building obstruction, etc..

example,

you turn the channel and the active song begins playing from the beginning but "live"radio play is say 2 minutes into the song already. Now, let's say you pass under an overpass where you lose signal. You won't hear that outage until your audio catches up to where the "live" play was when you went under the obstruction. since the song was 2 minutes in progress when you hit the channel, the outage would be heard about 2 minutes after passing the obstruction.

This may not be what you are experiencing but it took me a bit to figure this out.

Do you notice the radio dropping out when the top is open to a clear view of the sky? More importantly, the rear roll bar has a clear view of the sky? The antenna is mounted to the top, driver side of the rear roll-bar. Is there any metal soft top structure covering any part of that area?

OP
OP

bluebell

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clear sky it is still "skippy". That was one of the first things sirius had me trouble shoot with. Looked at the antenna- it is covered by the hard top (as it was before the soft top was installed). My soft top only covers the first two rows.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hmm. maybe faulty receiver or multimedia module then. I tend to try capturing intermittent issues on video to submit to the dealership.

I had a front camera issue on the Bronco. It would work about 50% of the time. I could physically tap the camera and it would make it start working again.... I finally scheduled it to go in for diagnosis and, of course, it didnt act up even once in the two weeks leading up to the appointment with the dealer....and it didnt act up with them either. I showed them the video and they went ahead an ordered a replacement for it.

Intermittent issues are the worst ones to deal with! Good luck!!

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a soft top installed last May. It was the Bestop Skyrider. I immediately noticed on the drive home that my Satellite radio was going out intermittently (top up or down, doesn't matter). I did not have any issues prior to having the soft top installed. I called Sirius, and they said the issue is the satellite module or the satellite antenna. I took the bronco into ford, and they were unable to recreate the issue. Some roads I have zero issues, some I have a ton. When i stream Sirius through my phone and pull it over through Apple play, there are no issues. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?
Maybe Chinese hackers
Sponsored