First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m picking up my new rig this weekend and installing the TRMR next week. Do you have a picture of where you mounted it, and how you routed the wiring?

Thanks!
I'll try to remember and grab a couple pictures this evening.
Sponsored

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had limited resources here in town.. I would have preferred black zip tie pods but this will have to do. Ultimately where you mount the antenna will depend where you mount stuff on your rack but there is plenty of extension to do that. I had to drill a 1/2' hole to allow the antenna plug to pass through. A couple grommets and a little silicone and zero leaks. Many ways to do this I'm sure....I'm just lazy.

thumbnail_IMG_1090.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1091.jpg

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had limited resources here in town.. I would have preferred black zip tie pods but this will have to do. Ultimately where you mount the antenna will depend where you mount stuff on your rack but there is plenty of extension to do that. I had to drill a 1/2' hole to allow the antenna plug to pass through. A couple grommets and a little silicone and zero leaks. Many ways to do this I'm sure....I'm just lazy.
Coax cable looks pretty long unless you modified it. Would you say it was 4 feet long out of the package? Did the connector fit proper?
Thanks for the pictures.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coax cable looks pretty long unless you modified it. Would you say it was 4 feet long out of the package? Did the connector fit proper?
Thanks for the pictures.
about 5' long and same connectors..plug and play. I hid the extra cable in the rear roll bar.

Sponsored

tomcartmeljr

Everglades
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra 1500/Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This and the small gas tank are my only real bitches about my Bronco, honestly. I've had multiple vehicles with XM pretty much since XM became a thing, and my Everglades is by far the worst reception I've ever had. I'm almost certainly doing the relocation thing, great heads up/idea.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never a problem with mine. Works great. ('22 2-dr WT with MIC and factory roof rack)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

about 5' long and same connectors..plug and play. I hid the extra cable in the rear roll bar.
Can you give any more detail on how you connected it up? Did you disconnect the OEM antenna at the roll bar and extend from there?

I get poor reception when my rooftop tent is on, but I got the SiriusXM subscription so that I could have music when camping in an area without cell. Ideally, I'm looking for a temporary solution for those occasions.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you give any more detail on how you connected it up? Did you disconnect the OEM antenna at the roll bar and extend from there?

I get poor reception when my rooftop tent is on, but I got the SiriusXM subscription so that I could have music when camping in an area without cell. Ideally, I'm looking for a temporary solution for those occasions.
I removed the Antenna from the top of the roll bar which is done from the bottom after removing the trim panel. Unplugged it and added the coax extension which is plug and play.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed the Antenna from the top of the roll bar which is done from the bottom after removing the trim panel. Unplugged it and added the coax extension which is plug and play.
Thanks for the explanation!

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an idea that wouldn't require drilling the hardtop - is there enough cable to stretch from the factory location up to the front? I envision pulling it through the accessory ready location on the windshield frame and connecting it to my roof rack up front.

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Related to this: I just mounted a WeBoost Overland to my TRMR last night. I was able to feed the cable in through the hardtop seam where the center panel mates with the rear shell. There is a decent amount of wiggle room on the side of the roof and a cable easily fit down in there. The cable is zip-tied up into the rack except for the 3” or so where it drops to the top. Minimizes exposed cable, eliminates drilling, and looks really clean.
Sponsored