Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, 21' Toyota 4runner, 23' 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you sleeping curled up or laying flat? Haven’t gotten my 2dr yet so curious to know what the space is from tail gate to back of the front seat (also 5’10”). Pictures I’ve seen with the back sear folded down show the head rest bent up. Did you remove yours? (Don’t see it). Thanks!
We've gotten our hands on a 2 door and are making our initial concept now. The way we are designing it, to use max allowable space, is 5'-1" from tailgate to the front seat (with no headrest interference). So at 5'-10" you would have to curl a little to sleep on one side. However, sleeping on the diagonal will give approx 6'-5" of sleeping length! So the possibility to sleep in a 2 door bronco is very practical compared to a 2dr jeep.
Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sleeping curled up or laying flat? Haven’t gotten my 2dr yet so curious to know what the space is from tail gate to back of the front seat (also 5’10”). Pictures I’ve seen with the back sear folded down show the head rest bent up. Did you remove yours? (Don’t see it). Thanks!
I barely have enough room from end to end as the mattress is 72" long. As deep sleep mentioned, you're better off with two mattresses and sleeping diagonally

The rear seat folds down two different ways: you can pull the cushion out and this allows the seat to fold "flat". In this configuration, the head rest points straight up as you've mentioned. In this case, using the mattress is not possible.

The second way to fold the rear seats is how I have it pictured: you leave the cushion in the seat and when you fold it down, it rests at an angle but the head rest does not point up. Both the angle of the seat and the head rest not sticking up allow for the mattress to fit better.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've gotten our hands on a 2 door and are making our initial concept now. The way we are designing it, to use max allowable space, is 5'-1" from tailgate to the front seat (with no headrest interference). So at 5'-10" you would have to curl a little to sleep on one side. However, sleeping on the diagonal will give approx 6'-5" of sleeping length! So the possibility to sleep in a 2 door bronco is very practical compared to a 2dr jeep.
I am interested in a 2dr version and am curious about how TheGhost was able to stuff a non Bronco Deepsleep 72” mattress in his 2dr and your max allowable space is 61”? I think I agree with TheGhost that a back seat leaned forward might be better than a backseat folded down, given the headrest issue. That being said, I’ll keep an open mind and look forward to the final design.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woot! Patiently waiting on that 2 door version

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whew, remembered just in time to place my order with the discount code! Ordered only one side for now, most likely will travel solo anyways, and if I need an other one, well, not THAT much more expensive w/o code. Looking forward to give this a try this fall!

OP
OP
deepsleep Overland

deepsleep Overland

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
whew, remembered just in time to place my order with the discount code! Ordered only one side for now, most likely will travel solo anyways, and if I need an other one, well, not THAT much more expensive w/o code. Looking forward to give this a try this fall!
Awesome! Thanks for the order Oliver. It will ship within 48hrs! We appreciate you!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I didn't read through all the comments - But does this work with the Ford security drawer? I know it's a bit higher than the slide out tailgate - Just curious if it still works or not.

Thanks!

OP
OP
deepsleep Overland

deepsleep Overland

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I didn't read through all the comments - But does this work with the Ford security drawer? I know it's a bit higher than the slide out tailgate - Just curious if it still works or not.

Thanks!
It doesn't look like it would be level with the seats when folded down, but I haven't found the dims on it.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wish I had seen this thread with the promo code before I bought one last week. It’s still in the box, so I can’t say much about it, but it was delivered very quickly. I can’t wait to try it out. I’ll be taking a six day off-road trip in about a month, so it won’t sit and collect dust for too long.

Sponsored

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else having trouble connecting to deepsleepoverland.com. I unblocked everything that I could, and now I get audio, but no visual; any help would be appreciated, and thanks!

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else having trouble connecting to deepsleepoverland.com. I unblocked everything that I could, and now I get audio, but no visual; any help would be appreciated, and thanks!
So here's the weird thing; I went to: deepsleep4jeeps.com, and got connected immediately, and when I clicked on: deepsleepoverland.com on the Jeep site, same thing; audio but no visuals!
Sponsored