Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand the 75 lb weight limit given that this design does not have the strong attachment points at the front that the Ford rack has, so longitudinal strength (e.g. for emergency braking) is limited.

I could see using this for ski gear in the winter, and perhaps 1-2 bicycles in the summer, but not much more than that. But then again, anything bigger is what the large Ford rack (or trailer hitch) is for in the first place.

Anyone with only modest carrying requirements that also wanted a 4-door BL with a 2.7 could finally have that option.

Questions:
  • Are the black cross-bars in one of the product page pics the kind with the oval cross-section?
  • Do the unpainted cross-bars on that page have the slot-style mounting technology? Hard to tell from the pics.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can understand the 75 lb weight limit given that this design does not have the strong attachment points at the front that the Ford rack has, so longitudinal strength (e.g. for emergency braking) is limited.

I could see using this for ski gear in the winter, and perhaps 1-2 bicycles in the summer, but not much more than that. But then again, anything bigger is what the large Ford rack (or trailer hitch) is for in the first place.

Anyone with only modest carrying requirements that also wanted a 4-door BL with a 2.7 could finally have that option.

Questions:
  • Are the black cross-bars in one of the product page pics the kind with the oval cross-section?
  • Do the unpainted cross-bars on that page have the slot-style mounting technology? Hard to tell from the pics.
I think with 75lbs you're looking at recovery gear you don't want on the tailgate + firewood. Or at least that's how I'd use it.

Up go the recovery boards and rotopax. Would never throw a yeti cooler up there like they did with the OBX fishing promo vehicle.

OP
OP
CliffCo

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Questions:
If you email em, they'll respond.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A rack like this could be useful if you buy the @ADV Fiberglass modular hard top. I believe they said their top would be compatible with Ford's roof rack, using the same style and location of mounting points. When you pop off ADV's one-piece panel over the front seats, you could strap it to this small rack...

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the distance between bars enough to fit skis (outside the bindings)? Seems like it might too short for a ski box?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

75lbs Load Rating for Rear Short Roof Rack and $600 seems pricey for what you get.
Well get used to high prices...They are here to stay for now. I like the rack. Good for shovels, jacks, recovery lines etc. Put a small basket on it...good to go.
Sponsored