mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could anyone with this lift let me know if this looks normal? The ends of the width adjusters bow downward when supporting the center piece and back hard top. I have a question/ticket with Smarterhome support, but I thought I'd ask here to see others' experience.

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist Screenshot_20230422-001922
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could anyone with this lift let me know if this looks normal? The ends of the width adjusters bow downward when supporting the center piece and back hard top. I have a question/ticket with Smarterhome support, but I thought I'd ask here to see others' experience.

Since the rails are put together with multiple smaller pieces and held in place with pins, there will be some bowing.

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the rails are put together with multiple smaller pieces and held in place with pins, there will be some bowing.
Thanks for confirming it's normal. I don't really see any way for it to fail unless lifting way more weight/damaging it. It's great being able to store all parts up and out of the way plus getting everything off without needing any help. I'll just have to get over my fear of it crashing down haha.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for confirming it's normal. I don't really see any way for it to fail unless lifting way more weight/damaging it. It's great being able to store all parts up and out of the way plus getting everything off without needing any help. I'll just have to get over my fear of it crashing down haha.
I'm considering putting in some extra eye bolts and using tie-down straps as insurance in case the lift itself fails. Would only take the time to do that if leaving it off for a while, like swapping soft top on for the summer.

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just bought everything today for my hoist to install in the garage. I spent less than $200 for an electric winch, straps and hardware. $700 for a hoist to take off your top is a ripoff.

Sorry if this was asked already, but how did those straps work out and if good, do you have a link for those?

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this was asked already, but how did those straps work out and if good, do you have a link for those?
Still going strong. I actually took the top off for the first time last evening using them. Here's the link to the ones I bought but I noticed they are unavailable.

NovelBee 2 Pack of 2 Inch x10 Feet Lift Sling Strap,Recovery Tow Straps with Protective Loops https://a.co/d/bVBmRn4

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still going strong. I actually took the top off for the first time last evening using them. Here's the link to the ones I bought but I noticed they are unavailable.

NovelBee 2 Pack of 2 Inch x10 Feet Lift Sling Strap,Recovery Tow Straps with Protective Loops https://a.co/d/bVBmRn4
Thank you!

AzureBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that have the Garage Smart Hard Top Hoist, any complaints? My garage ceiling is high enough but I have lights, garage door opener, attic stairs... how much room on the ceiling do you need to have available for this to work with a 4 door hard top?

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered mine today. I wish I didnt wait because the price has gone up. It was $950 after tax and shipping :oops:

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Gjpe04

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered mine today. I wish I didnt wait because the price has gone up. It was $950 after tax and shipping :oops:
For those that have the Garage Smart Hard Top Hoist, any complaints? My garage ceiling is high enough but I have lights, garage door opener, attic stairs... how much room on the ceiling do you need to have available for this to work with a 4 door hard top?
Did you get an answer to this as I have same question. Thanks.

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get an answer to this as I have same question. Thanks.
Exactly which dimensions do you need? The lifters are attached to the rails and they hang down enough where the garage lights are above them and in no danger. I've also attached a page from the installation guide if that helps. The installation guide can also be found HERE.

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_9571.JPG

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_9572.JPG

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_2318

Gjpe04

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly which dimensions do you need? The lifters are attached to the rails and they hang down enough where the garage lights are above them and in no danger. I've also attached a page from the installation guide if that helps. The installation guide can also be found HERE.

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_9572.JPG

IMG_2318.png
Thanks this is helpful. I am trying to decide as I need to navigate between an I beam and light and having trouble finding hard top clamshell length specs.

should have mentioned. I pick up my bronco next week so can’t really measure yet.

thanks again.
Sponsored