Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco all Squatched out
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This upgrade was fun fun fun.

in my 2022 Black Diamond I’ve replaced the stock speakers in the front with Kicker KSC series 4” in the dash and 6.75” in the kick panels. In the back on the roll bar I’ve upgraded to the Mabett pods and installed the 6.75” KSC’s in the pods.
I’ve used the DIY cables from https://plugnplaykits.com/ kit 11-2 fit The bill as I am adding a 500.1 key for a sub along with the 200.4 key provided by plugnplay to power the 4 channels front and rear.
After running 8gauge wire and in-line 60amp fuse for the sub and wiring in the power adapter provided by plugnplay along with ground for both, I proceeded to remove trim pieces, and the hvac panel.
This was too easy to wire up. No splicing and if you take your time and be patient it all just clicks together.

ran the DSP tune on both amps and got happy tunes after a few tries on the 200.4. The 500.1 worked flawlessly.

Now here is where the issue is, the 4” KSCs in the dash are popping. I believe it to be a HPF issue from the 200.4. Today before running a tune again I verified dip switch setting as auto turn on = 12volt, fader - off, compression = on, Biamp = off, Kicker eq = en, time delay = en; I have the HPF at 80hz and the popping gets a bit better.

can anyone suggest if the dip switches are not correct? Do I need the bass blockers to help with the filtering of bass level to those small dash speakers?

any other suggestions?

so close to perfect. The difference in sound and stage is unbelievable. Can’t wait to swap out the Kicker r series sub with the Stinger scheduled to be here tomorrow.

thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should have 600hz bass blockers on those guys
Ditto. Install a physical bass blocker just before the 4" speakers. Or at least try changing the high pass filter to 300hz or higher.

Edit: I just realized the HPF is being applied to the 6.75 and 4 inch speakers since they're on the same channel. Bass blockers is your best bet.
Sponsored