Sponsored

So Ford is basically obliterating dealer allocations, right?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For months, we've all been focused on dealer allocations (once Ford backstabbed us about our timestamps),

And now Ford has said that they're going to be building dealer stock instead of reservations because they have to. But we no dealer stock counts towards their allocations regardless if there are reservation holder or not.

So say a dealer only has 50 allocations and that was supposed to go to 50 reservation holders, Ford fills those 50 with Big Ben soft tops... All the reservation holders are SOL (I mean obviously some will get sprinkled in hopefully)

So shouldn't Ford basically separate dealer allocations from reservations at this point? Or maybe even go back to original timestamp in the big picture.

Basically, as someone pointed out in a different thread... Your reserved Bronco that you have been waiting on, could be sitting as stock on a different dealer's lot because your dealer ran out of allocations.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody knows at this point. Ford is just trying to get ahead of this by making it clear that they don’t know either how this is all going to play out. 6 months from now maybe the commodities will be all sorted out, hard top and Sasquatch Broncos are just flying out the door, etc. OR the supply chain cluster-you-know-what could get 10x worse and Ford can’t even build the big bend dealer units due to a glass shortage or who knows what. If you knew which is the case you could make an absolute fortune in the commodities market and pay for your Bronco 10x over. All that really matters is it sounds like MAP has their stuff together and is putting as many Broncos out the door as possible.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So currently I'm inside my dealers allocation window...but toss in a dozen "stock" builds and I'm out of 21 guaranteed.

This sucks!

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nobody knows at this point. Ford is just trying to get ahead of this by making it clear that they don’t know either how this is all going to play out. 6 months from now maybe the commodities will be all sorted out, hard top and Sasquatch Broncos are just flying out the door, etc. OR the supply chain cluster-you-know-what could get 10x worse and Ford can’t even build the big bend dealer units due to a glass shortage or who knows what. If you knew which is the case you could make an absolute fortune in the commodities market and pay for your Bronco 10x over. All that really matters is it sounds like MAP has their stuff together and is putting as many Broncos out the door as possible.
The first five words of your post constituted the most accurate information I’ve seen since I joined the forum. It certainly seems to apply to the automaker in question.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So say a dealer only has 50 allocations and that was supposed to go to 50 reservation holders, Ford fills those 50 with Big Ben soft tops... All the reservation holders are SOL (I mean obviously some will get sprinkled in hopefully)
At least some dealers have been aware that they would be placing stock orders since May. One dealer said this in May (but subject to change):
1) dealer stock orders will count as part of their allocation and reduce the number available to reservation holders.
2) while they could choose to NOT place stock orders to potentially give their reservation holders a better chance of being selected, they decided not to do that because they would risk losing their future allocations.

Hopefully hard top production capacity will improve and Ford will be able to build the majority for reservation holders.

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Dealer Stocks (20 Broncos x 3013 Ford Dealers) to the front of the line! Where are the Ford apologists saying letting them skip the line only delays your build by one week???

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think we can assume those will not count toward allocations. Ford has given everyone a chance to modify their order and provided plumbing for soft tops. It shouldnt affect anyones orders. Keeping the lines moving is critical to their business. The constraints are known, so we can all make an informed decision as to what we want to do.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think constraints have killed the allocations.
Why would you think that? Dealers will still get the same number allocated…they will just go to different people (or dealer stock) because of constraints.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Constraints, as much as they suck, are just going to shift the problem around. You’re going to see a LOT of people shift to a soft top with the prep kit, for example. I wouldn’t be surprised if the soft top when as a constraint over the coming months. I hope I’m wrong, but if you have a major fluctuation if just throws everything out the window - That’s why I’ve stuck to my original build and hope for the best. Yes, I’m still considering the soft top, but we’ll see…

And as a side note, Ford will make a fortune on future hard top sales if everyone is getting a soft top now with prep kit, knowing they’ll buy a hard top down the road. Well played, Ford…

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say this...I will be ROYALLY pissed when I see my exact order sitting on a fucking dealer lot with a markup and I get shafted to a 2022.
That would be the same day I would cancel my order. Ford wouldn’t get a dime from me if I see that.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think we can assume those will not count toward allocations.
I'm pretty sure it's gone down officially that they DO count towards allocations. Every Bronco that shows up at a dealer goes towards their allocations sans the VIP orders.

So 12 stock orders most definitely replaces 12 reservation orders.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you think that? Dealers will still get the same number allocated…they will just go to different people (or dealer stock) because of constraints.
Agreed. Unless you’re at a dealer that had next to no orders placed by customers (doubtful) they’ll just work down the line of orders until they find one they can build. You’ll also have reservations that have been walked away from by the customer, and the dealership may still be bringing it in to mark-up and sell on the lot. Do I agree with that, no. Will it happen, yes.
Sponsored