The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. I'm sorry but it's one 2.7 after another failing. This is getting to be waaay more concerning as the weeks go on.

I'm getting to the point where I'm either going to change my order to the 2.3L or switch to a Jeep.

If you don't think this is a big deal just wait until you finally get your Bronco after months to years of waiting and then it grenades and your Bronco ends up at a dealership getting fixed for months. Not something I'm willing to go through.

Just listen to this guy's story. Um yeah. No thanks. Definitely don't want to be another 2.7 casualty. Honestly these quality issues are pissing me off. Not really excited to get a Bronco anymore. You??
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that it is scary. I am sticking with the 2.7 and hoping that Ford fixes the valve issue before the engine for my bronco is built. If not they can fix the issue and then put a new engine in. I would like more details on exactly what the issue is. From the pics posted I am thinking that the valve or retainer is failing causing the valve to get sucked in. But what do I know I don't work on engines.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eh. Most orders are 27’s so it’s still a small percentage. I know it’s worse than the 23 but still not too worried. Plus this forum tends to share more of the bad than the good…. Am I concerned? Yes. Enough to make me rethink my order? No. Just hope I don’t become a statistic…..

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If there are so many issues with the 2.7 that you are scared to buy it - why would you not go with the 2.3EB and add the ford approved power pack? You'd gain 30 hp / 30 ft lb of torque and save $1k.

Or....just cancel and order the Jeep, cause you know the Pentastar isn't known for cylinder head, rocker arm, water pump, radiator, heater core, or oil pump failures......

Sponsored

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been actively looking but I haven't heard any 2.7 issues lately. Are problems still popping up as much as they used to?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Over 1k on mine, absolutely love it. If it blows it has warranty and I have plenty of other vehicles to drive.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They have a thread on this forum tracking all the 2.7 issues that we know about and I think the list is like 4-5 Broncos long. Is that a lot? Doesn't feel like it. It just gets magnified on this forum and facebook.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco’s look awesome, I can’t deny it. I drooled over the classic late 60’s rigs my friends had back in my CJ7 days. The new Bronco announcement got me jonesing for a new Moab rig too, so I have to give it credit. But reliability worries with modern Fords and any vehicle’s 1st year design issues are what took me back to Jeep after several years out of the 4x4 scene. I’m happy with my choice ultimately. These things cost too much to chance it on an unproven vehicle in my opinion.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok. I'm sorry but it's one 2.7 after another failing. This is getting to be waaay more concerning as the weeks go on.

I'm getting to the point where I'm either going to change my order to the 2.3L or switch to a Jeep.

If you don't think this is a big deal just wait until you finally get your Bronco after months to years of waiting and then it grenades and your Bronco ends up at a dealership getting fixed for months. Not something I'm willing to go through.

Just listen to this guy's story. Um yeah. No thanks. Definitely don't want to be another 2.7 casualty. Honestly these quality issues are pissing me off. Not really excited to get a Bronco anymore. You??
I have a 2.3 on order because I want a manual. It’s so strange because I had the 2.7 in my F150 and it was fantastic. I’m hopeful they will get it figured out. Too much on the line not to. I do think it’s a smaller percentage than you might think and should improve quickly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
They have a thread on this forum tracking all the 2.7 issues that we know about and I think the list is like 4-5 Broncos long. Is that a lot? Doesn't feel like it. It just gets magnified on this forum and facebook.
There's no way it's only 4 or 5 with issues. I feel like every other day I hear a new story of a 2.7 failing. There's people that have 2.7s that aren't on thos forum.

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like a cnn video
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.