rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This thread 🤦🏽‍♂️

There are so many unknown factors here; all this speculation is seriously pointless.
What's this? Sensible/realistic thinking realizing we know nothing of how it got to that number?

Pffft......that's not allowed....why think like that when we can freak out at every little thing? lol

In related news, I heard the gas cap door isn't powered - everybody panic!!!! :LOL:

---

Lol, seriously - it's great having discussion, but there's a ton of unnecessary panicking at every little thing when we don't know full info on the forum.

Advertisement

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Toyota 4runner, 1991 BMW 318iS
What's this? Sensible/realistic thinking realizing we know nothing of how it got to that number?

Pffft......that's not allowed....why think like that when we can freak out at every little thing? lol

In related news, I heard the gas cap door isn't powered - everybody panic!!!! :LOL:

---

Lol, seriously - it's great having discussion, but there's a ton of unnecessary panicking at every little thing when we don't know full info on the forum.
Ha! Yep - the door isn’t powered, but the video of the Broncos filling up @ the pumps didn’t show anyone using gloves, which obviously means the cap is a/c cooled ;)

I can feel the collective hairline of this forum being pushed back a couple centimenters every time discussions like this arise 😅

Last edited:

Mac n Nevada

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Clubs

What else do we have to do while we are waiting.....

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I would go as far to say that's probably dang good mpg's as I'm sure they are driving the crap out of that thing. And, if it's been on the trails that it great mileage.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
When gett'n on it, I can make that happen in my turbo 4-cylinder 718 Cayman S and it weighs less than 3,000#! I'd say par for the course for what they are doing.
On a track my 30 mpg car turns into a 8 mpg car.

OP
da_jokker

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Clubs

Ok..so you guys are interpreting that number as AVG? If that is true, then I'm with ya.

But I saw it as current/live so that is why I was shocked.

Chaos_273

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Also looks like the tire pressure sensor light is on, so they may be aired down.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
If people aren't aware, the speed limit in a lot of Utah is 80mph.
west Texas too...and there is one road that is 85mph...

What happen to the good ol' days in Montana where the speed limit was 199,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999mph

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
This thread 🤦🏽‍♂️

There are so many unknown factors here; all this speculation is seriously pointless.
people keep saying there's not enough info....That Trip computer is giving a lot of info....
Do you really think the Bronco was going 90mph and then immediately pulled off the road to rock crawl to kill the mileage and then got to a gas station super fast to fill up?

It's showing a full tank of gas so that means they just filled the thing up....
They were averaging 57mph WITH the stop

To me, it's plain as day that the Bronco was highway or interstate traveling probably around 70mph and stopped to get gas which with the time, averaged it out to 57mph...

I think it's a pretty good indicator that they were getting around 16mph on the highway....

Smaller engine + higher speed + non aerodynamic vehicle + heavy vehicle = bad gas mileage every time

(I just hope they had a 2.3l in it because the 2.7l would almost certainly do better on gas mileage in that situation)

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Hey, I could do 6 MPG on the dunes or crawling in my old Disco, and maybe 11-12 on long stretches of interstate if I kept it below 65. I think I hit 13 once and celebrated with an extra shot of octane booster. Average MPG in-town and short drives was around 10, long term (2-year) average was I believe 10.5 MPG. All of this on premium ethanol free fuel, since I could buy the good stuff in my home town at that time

So.... 15.8 MPG on this type of rig sounds AMAZING.

Advertisement

Advertisement