Sponsored

So this is interesting and concerning all in one... my Bronco is sitting at railyard due to a "transmission issue".

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
So my Bronco was delivered to the railyard 27 miles from my dealer over a month ago. I was bumped for a 5th time yesterday on delivery date. I've been getting more upset with this whole ordeal as days pass but, yesterdays bump sent me over-the-edge. I called the dealer and had a "come to Jesus" chat with the sales manager. They were finally able to get ahold of the railhead this morning, and apparently the reason for it sitting so long at the railyard is due to a "transmission issue". They said that Ford actually knows about the issue. The sales manager said that Ford has requested a wrecker to pick it up from the railyard today and deliver it to the dealer.

There are some things here that concern me. If there's been a "transmission issue", assuming this is why its been bumped so many times for delivery, then why didn't Ford just have a wrecker pick it up weeks ago and let the dealer look at it? Secondly, how long was Ford going to just keep bumping delivery date and allowing the Bronco to sit in this open railyard; and why was this issue never conveyed to my dealer? It took multiple calls to the railhead to get this info (supposedly). Third, since Ford hadn't gotten a wrecker to take the vehicle to my dealer for them to look at it in weeks, what were their plans; were they just going to just keep letting it sit? Were they going to send someone out to the yard to have them look at it? Were they going to eventually take it to some other dealer to have it looked at? Were they going to secretly send it back to Ford? Its all so damn confusing and really starts to piss me off the more I think about it.

The sales manager suspects though, that its a good chance that the crew at the railyard doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission and thus, they've just said "f*ck it" and let it sit.

This also starts to make me think of other scenarios. Is it really a trans issue, other than them not knowing how to drive a manual? Is it wrecked/damaged and they're trying to hide something? Just lots of questions at this point. I blame none of this on the dealer. This is Ford and the railyards issue, IMO.

So now I'm waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the dealer (dealer said that Ford said it would be today but, I will believe that when I get the call). They said once they receive it, they'll look it over and see if anything is wrong with the trans and the vehicle in general. And that's where this ends for now.

Anyone else had anything even close to this happen?

Another note: If it was actually a trans issue, wouldn't this probably had been something Ford would have noticed during the mileage testing they do at the factory, loading it onto the railcar and unloading it at the railyard? And if there was an issue, I would hope they would have fixed it before just sending it out.
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealer is being thorough and honest, he might be un-informed about the real issue(s). Pressure him to tell you exactly when the Bronco will be transported, and be there for its arrival. Watch it get unloaded, to check for exterior damage, then insist that their top tech look it over, with you present.
And don't put up with the "Can't have you on the shop floor--insurance restrictions, you know" nonsense. We all go onto the floor from time to time for the service rep to show us damage or work which has to be done.
Collect all your emails and print out all the texts you've received and arrange in chronological order, so that you have a paper trail of everything that's happened, with dates and identified Ford persons.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks but nothing surprises me these days. Hope they make it right for you ASAP

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd go with the simple scenario. They can't find someone to drive the manual.

The Ford updates mean nothing. I assume you were talking to the dealer the minute you knew it was in the rail yard?

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford is aware of the manual transmission noise all of us are having when the temperature drops. There is a TSB for the issue now and the dealer is replacing synchronizer parts inside the gear case. I'm not sure if FORD has put a hold on all these vehicles and wont deliver them to the customer until the TSB parts are replaced. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the dealer is being thorough and honest, he might be un-informed about the real issue(s). Pressure him to tell you exactly when the Bronco will be transported, and be there for its arrival. Watch it get unloaded, to check for exterior damage, then insist that their top tech look it over, with you present.
And don't put up with the "Can't have you on the shop floor--insurance restrictions, you know" nonsense. We all go onto the floor from time to time for the service rep to show us damage or work which has to be done.
Collect all your emails and print out all the texts you've received and arrange in chronological order, so that you have a paper trail of everything that's happened, with dates and identified Ford persons.
No shop is going to let you stand there and watch while they work. They will however take you in the shop to show you what they find wrong. The last thing you wanna do is stand over a techs shoulder and watch them work. 99% of all techs I know will tell you thats one of the worst things you can do.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

With the manual transmission syncro issue (rattling noise when it's cold) some have been having they might have thought they broke the transmission vice it being a Ford issue that finally has a TSB. If they can get it to the dealer hopefully they can figure out what the problem is.

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I'd go with the simple scenario. They can't find someone to drive the manual.

The Ford updates mean nothing. I assume you were talking to the dealer the minute you knew it was in the rail yard?

I spoke the dealer the day it was delivered to the railyard. I waited a week 1/2 or so until I started calling asking where it was. Then once I was getting bumped more, I really started asking questions on what the deal was.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my Bronco was delivered to the railyard 27 miles from my dealer over a month ago. I was bumped for a 5th time yesterday on delivery date. I've been getting more upset with this whole ordeal as days pass but, yesterdays bump sent me over-the-edge. I called the dealer and had a "come to Jesus" chat with the sales manager. They were finally able to get ahold of the railhead this morning, and apparently the reason for it sitting so long at the railyard is due to a "transmission issue". They said that Ford actually knows about the issue. The sales manager said that Ford has requested a wrecker to pick it up from the railyard today and deliver it to the dealer.

There are some things here that concern me. If there's been a "transmission issue", assuming this is why its been bumped so many times for delivery, then why didn't Ford just have a wrecker pick it up weeks ago and let the dealer look at it? Secondly, how long was Ford going to just keep bumping delivery date and allowing the Bronco to sit in this open railyard; and why was this issue never conveyed to my dealer? It took multiple calls to the railhead to get this info (supposedly). Third, since Ford hadn't gotten a wrecker to take the vehicle to my dealer for them to look at it in weeks, what were their plans; were they just going to just keep letting it sit? Were they going to send someone out to the yard to have them look at it? Were they going to eventually take it to some other dealer to have it looked at? Were they going to secretly send it back to Ford? Its all so damn confusing and really starts to piss me off the more I think about it.

The sales manager suspects though, that its a good chance that the crew at the railyard doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission and thus, they've just said "f*ck it" and let it sit.

This also starts to make me think of other scenarios. Is it really a trans issue, other than them not knowing how to drive a manual? Is it wrecked/damaged and they're trying to hide something? Just lots of questions at this point. I blame none of this on the dealer. This is Ford and the railyards issue, IMO.

So now I'm waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the dealer (dealer said that Ford said it would be today but, I will believe that when I get the call). They said once they receive it, they'll look it over and see if anything is wrong with the trans and the vehicle in general. And that's where this ends for now.

Another note: If it was actually a trans issue, wouldn't this probably had been something Ford would have noticed during the mileage testing they do at the factory, loading it onto the railcar and unloading it at the railyard? And if there was an issue, I would hope they would have fixed it before just sending it out.
There’s definitely a transmission issue with the 7mts. Maybe there’re trying to get it fixed before it goes to the dealer, not sure. Here are the transmission threads.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-3-manual-engine-trans-noise.33282/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-trans-noise-total.61606/

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
But this is definitely not the first that it's happened.

Definitely not thinking Im the first one, especially with it sitting so long. My issue comes into play more so with that Ford knew there was an "issue" and just continued to let it sit. So again, thats begs my question, how long were they just going to let it sit?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s definitely a transmission issue with the 7mts. Maybe there’re trying to get it fixed before it goes to the dealer, not sure. Here are the transmission threads.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-3-manual-engine-trans-noise.33282/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-trans-noise-total.61606/

Thanks for the links. I had read a thread a month or so ago regarding an issue with the manual trans but, thought it was probably just a fluke type thing. Guess I was wrong. If there is an issue with them, Im sure my dealer knows (hopefully) and will look into it. I'll definitely be asking them if theyre aware.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Wow that's odd.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Ford is aware of the manual transmission noise all of us are having when the temperature drops. There is a TSB for the issue now and the dealer is replacing synchronizer parts inside the gear case. I'm not sure if FORD has put a hold on all these vehicles and wont deliver them to the customer until the TSB parts are replaced. Just my 2 cents.
If that was the case, they would issue a stop sale and recall. I don’t see this being related to that issue since this hasn’t happened.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought dealers have options on yard pickup or the ability to get it delivered to the store? rail yards are not holding pens for Ford, something else is the issue.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought dealers have options on yard pickup or the ability to get it delivered to the store? rail yards are not holding pens for Ford, something else is the issue.
It's apparently very, very unusual for a dealer to be able to pick up from the rail yard. The system are set up in such a way that there is clear handoff (paperwork, confirming no damage, liability, etc) by using the transport company.

I believe in rare occasions the dealer may circumvent the process but I suspect they don't like to. They have to pull manpower away, deal with the paperwork, etc. Much simpler just to wait for the trucks.
Sponsored