Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK not directly related to Broncos, but I will be using my Bronco and winch to do the job.

In yesterdays storms I had a few trees brake in the middle. I have a winch on my Bronco a few soft shackles and rings. I was plaining on using the soft shackle and rings as sort of a block and tackle set up.

I want to pull tension on the trees while I cut them so the don't fall in the road or in the lake. I know how to cut trees and fall trees I have done a lot of them.

My question is will the soft shackle and rings act like a block and tackle? I have synthetic rope to tie off the tree a tree saver to wrap around another tree with a soft shackle and ring then one on the winch rope to to pull with.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will act like a block & tackle but IMO you should be using the winch rope all the way to the tree that is being cut...winch rope out to the ring on anchor tree then winch rope to the tree being cut. I would also recommend a helper.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will act like a block & tackle but IMO you should be using the winch rope all the way to the tree that is being cut...winch rope out to the ring on anchor tree then winch rope to the tree being cut. I would also recommend a helper.
Thanks. One of the trees is in a spot I can't drive close enough to so I will have to use another 100' of rope. I don't want to drive in the lake.

I have helpers, I was just not sure I could use them a block and tackle.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. One of the trees is in a spot I can't drive close enough to so I will have to use another 100' of rope. I don't want to drive in the lake.

I have helpers, I was just not sure I could use them a block and tackle.
The rings are basically the same as a snatch block, just for rope vs. steel cable...you'll be good.
Sponsored