Sponsored

SandyCats kinetic rope and soft shackles -- feedback / reviews?

BlinkyLightMgr

Everglades
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Anyone use SandyCats products? They are US based but sell imported ropes and shackles. They state the products are certified. I have been trying to buy American but also realize that these product are not something I will be using regularly. Wonder if the $200+ I'd save would be better spent elsewhere.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone use SandyCats products? They are US based but sell imported ropes and shackles. They state the products are certified. I have been trying to buy American but also realize that these product are not something I will be using regularly. Wonder if the $200+ I'd save would be better spent elsewhere.
Certified China made is better than American made and uncertified.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought taking one to the kisser did that. :p
Loooool. In a way it did! Someone sent me this right after and it was released the week of the accident. I watched it and got sold. A company that takes it seriously

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally LOL'd at the segment when they referenced the age/mileage of that Suburban's transmission because at that exact moment I was wondering "Gee, this round of tests looks like it would be hell on a transmission". Have to say for the abuse it's given that big ol' truck is still bringing it.
To the OP - never heard of Sandycats but after following the link and poking around I'm kind of impressed. Full transparency on their sourcing but submitting to independent 3rd party testing/certification and bluntly saying if you want 100% USA-made and have the $$ buy Yankum or Bubba. Lifetime warranty, too - seems like a good option to have. Here's hoping somebody here shares their experience soon.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loooool. In a way it did! Someone sent me this right after and it was released the week of the accident. I watched it and got sold. A company that takes it seriously
The timing of that video releasing after you incident is really uncanny. I would kill for an actual instructional class. I commented on the Factor55 video to please find someone to explain winching with the same level of clarity.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The timing of that video releasing after you incident is really uncanny. I would kill for an actual instructional class. I commented on the Factor55 video to please find someone to explain winching with the same level of clarity.
Taking a class where you actually do some recoveries is much better than a video, and a fun way to spend the weekend. Since you’re in San Diego checkout Badlands Off-Road Training. They also do training for the military so they’re legit.
https://www.4x4training.com/w/
Sponsored