Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like some of the go Rhino stuff, do they sell gimmicky stuff like most places?

I put plastic traction boards in the gimmicky stuff just like frame straps.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've found that US Cargo Control is competitive. They sell Van Beest Green Pin hard shackles for a good price and their shipping seems reasonable. They say all their synthetic products are made in the US of US sourced materials. They give both working load limits and breaking strength. They don't have kinetic straps nor soft shackles.

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/

I found them while searching for a round rigging strap to use as a bridle.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So did I until I read, and verified, that despite their name, the products, although designed in the USA, are actually made in China. I will be replacing that gear with something made here.
Made in China absolutely is not a guarantee of crap quality. Where is your PC, your Mac and your iPhone made (along with a plethoro of other stuff in your home)? Both good and bad are made in both the US and in China. Made in Taiwan is often considered made in China and some great quality products from family businesses come out of Taiwan. In particular a lot of high quality bicycle parts come from Taiwan.

Back to Rhino. I like Rhino, a small (local-ish), family run, California business. Their recovery gear all has both WLL and MBS ratings and are lab tested in the US. They also have a lifetime warranty. These things, along with a very good bang for the buck has led me to purchase a few recovery items from them. I also have gear from Factor 55 and MHI as well.

I too like to support US businesses, but I'm not rigid about it. If it will really make you sleep better at night, throw out or sell your Rhino gear for a huge loss. If it were me, I'd simply "run what ya brung" perhaps informed by the above details.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rhino has good reviews with over 1K people rating it over 4.5/5 stars in AMZ. For me, that is good enough.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rhino has good reviews with over 1K people rating it over 4.5/5 stars in AMZ. For me, that is good enough.
How many of those reviews were someone receiving the product. Saying, “yup, looks nice” and then leaving a 5 star review? while the product remains stashed in a bag somewhere for the next year.
In all honesty though, their product seems good enough. More along the lines of the advertising Wes does for them that rubs people wrong. I happen to know Wes, he is a good dude. But he is a salesman too and the recovery guy brought up good points.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems that Rhino USA doesn't give good recovery advice. But the RhinoUSA kinetic recovery rope did OK in Project Farm testing.

I think all this proves that one should do their own research instead of just going with marketing hype.
Sponsored