swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm probably older than most on this forum. People of my generation mostly consider these tie down points, as in strap it on the trailer ; not recovery points.
Interesting. That said these, as well as the ones on the front are definitely recovery points. Sure, they are strong enough for tie downs, but that isn't the main reason Ford included them.

It looks like Ford only calls them "tow hooks" but given that they were designed to and have been shown to handle in excess of 30,000 lb of force, they simply ARE recovery points.
Sponsored

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. That said these, as well as the ones on the front are definitely recovery points. Sure, they are strong enough for tie downs, but that isn't the main reason Ford included them.

It looks like Ford only calls them "tow hooks" but given that they were designed to and have been shown to handle in excess of 30,000 lb of force, they simply ARE recovery points.
I asked this specific question at Off Rodeo when we were going over recoveries (because I had read conflicting info on THIS forum) and they said that indeed, they are recovery points.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm probably older than most on this forum. People of my generation mostly consider these tie down points, as in strap it on the trailer ; not recovery points.
Per the manual...

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

A.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Rear recovery hooks.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And your point is ? Did I question what ford calls them?
No, but many here are questioning what you call them and what that implies as to their function.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A video on how a recovery can go wrong:

Please watch it all the way through for the entire picture from point of view at the time with what was known, to the 20/20 hind sight perspective and then followed by a break down of the evidence and what broke. Then the bit at the very end goes into medical considerations as well as communications.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please watch it all the way through for the entire picture from point of view at the time with what was known, to the 20/20 hind sight perspective and then followed by a break down of the evidence and what broke. Then the bit at the very end goes into medical considerations as well as communications.

You should really create your own thread about your video.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

another forums discussion about the eventhttps://irate4x4.com/threads/soft-shackles-and-kinetic-ropes.400749/

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, glad you're ok.

Sponsored

toman5891

Everglades
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Rhino has some good stuff, sadly, they have one "Bronco" specific that is sold out. Of course, all they did was get items for the same rated capacity and bundle them. You can look at several kits, and purchase items individually, or in a package deal, most times at a little savings. This is a decent looking little kit tho.

https://rhinousainc.com/products/big-truck-extreme-kit
Interesting take on RhinoUSA

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting take on RhinoUSA

Wow, that is not an interesting take on Rhino products, it is a slap down on their knowledge of vehicle recovery. After watching this video, I will definitely not be buying any Rhino products.

toman5891

Everglades
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Wow, that is not an interesting take on Rhino products, it is a slap down on their knowledge of vehicle recovery. After watching this video, I will definitely not be buying any Rhino products.
Yeah, there was a little bit of sarcasm in my voice that apparently didn’t translate through text. lol
Sponsored