Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In light of delay in getting factor rails and cross bars for my 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch, I was thinking of buying these soft rocks to carry my SUP Board. Given the window system and how they automatically close when you close the door, I was wondering if the straps would cause a malfunction with the auto window close system..

Since the doors are frameless, the straps running inside the vehicle to attach the racks to the roof would be located in-between the top of each window and where the window meets the roof....

https://www.amazon.com/FCS-Premium-...WCQWD/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B084DWCQWD&th=1

Any input on this question would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You could find a strap that’s similar and test it before buying. Ive only ever used a rack so not sure how well that will work especially once you get going down the road.

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been curious about the same thing lately, and posted about it recently. Haven’t used those soft racks in nearly 20 years, but it might be one of my only options with a soft top bronco coming soon. Need to find a way to transport surfboards. Let us know what you find.

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone find any good options? I havent strapped anything to the top (also a soft top).

My main methods have been sliding it in sideways, can fit 2-3 easily. Or I have opened up the back part of the soft top and slide in 4 boards and have them hang out the back.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In light of delay in getting factor rails and cross bars for my 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch, I was thinking of buying these soft rocks to carry my SUP Board. Given the window system and how they automatically close when you close the door, I was wondering if the straps would cause a malfunction with the auto window close system..

Since the doors are frameless, the straps running inside the vehicle to attach the racks to the roof would be located in-between the top of each window and where the window meets the roof....

https://www.amazon.com/FCS-Premium-...WCQWD/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B084DWCQWD&th=1

I'm planning to velcro a couple of Dakine aero pads to the windshield and crossbar. No straps. I'll strap the board to the "grab handle mounts" i.e. Bronco bolts above the air bags so that straps don't interfere with window seal.
https://www.rei.com/product/117168/dakine-aero-rack-pads-pair

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt you'll have any issues - I used to run a yakima rack on my '11 camaro with frameless windows that also dropped when open, and while it was a hard rack, the latch still met with the window. However, the latch, and in this case the strap, compresses the rubber trim around the window so there really isn't anything sticking out, and the window doesn't know the difference.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I doubt you'll have any issues - I used to run a yakima rack on my '11 camaro with frameless windows that also dropped when open, and while it was a hard rack, the latch still met with the window. However, the latch, and in this case the strap, compresses the rubber trim around the window so there really isn't anything sticking out, and the window doesn't know the difference.
thanks, that's good feedback. I'll try straps first. Velcro wouldn't work so great in the windshield header anyway!

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base

How did it go?

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The FCS soft racks work well.
Do you have these over a hardtop? I was thinking to use these over the crossbar and windshield with the soft top down, and curious if someone had done that already.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kbobber

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have these over a hardtop? I was thinking to use these over the crossbar and windshield with the soft top down, and curious if someone had done that already.
No- I use these with the Hardtop off.....the FCS pads lay on top of the A (cross bar windshield) & C pillar cross bar (where the speakers attach to)

IMG_3085.jpg

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No- I use these with the Hardtop off.....the FCS pads lay on top of the A (cross bar windshield) & C pillar cross bar (where the speakers attach to)

Ford Bronco Soft Surf Board Racks IMG_3085
I went with the double FCS rack, and it worked great! Thanks for the suggestion:
Ford Bronco Soft Surf Board Racks 0DD9725D-734C-43EC-BDBE-13F96B53510A

Zeno808

Big Bend
First Name
Zeno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
finally what i'm looking for , simple top down surfboard ;-) @MooseF15 do you have a link to the double you used there? Looks , great, thanks.
Sponsored