Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is most definitely something wrong with the top. We have broken clips without ever trying to remove the top, and we're not the only ones on here that happened to. They all broke in the winter. The design is too flimsy, and the plastic gets too brittle in the cold. There is a TSB for a reason.
Because guys keep trying to take apart what's not supposed to come apart....I didn't understand it either until I asked for a demo at a rodeo...and even then I couldn't understand what was even breaking. When you pop out that rear corner after removing the side panel, you can't even tell that it's two pieces connecting the corner to the rear window. That's where it breaks, but it's not intended for the quarter and rear window to be separated....and if you don't, you can't break those clips. Why they made it like they did is anyone's guess......
Sponsored

j50gt

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because guys keep trying to take apart what's not supposed to come apart....I didn't understand it either until I asked for a demo at a rodeo...and even then I couldn't understand what was even breaking. When you pop out that rear corner after removing the side panel, you can't even tell that it's two pieces connecting the corner to the rear window. That's where it breaks, but it's not intended for the quarter and rear window to be separated....and if you don't, you can't break those clips. Why they made it like they did is anyone's guess......
Did you not read a word that I wrote? I literally never attempted to take anything apart. I just looked in the mirror on the highway one day and saw it flapping around.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you not read a word that I wrote? I literally never attempted to take anything apart. I just looked in the mirror on the highway one day and saw it flapping around.
My wife often accuses me of not reading every word well. LOL I guess it just wasn't clear from your earlier post sorry,.

OC-OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That happened to me the 2nd day I had it ā€¦ā€¦ Dealer walked me through it and I was successful first time around , the next day those clips busted out. I took it back to dealer and they are covering it through the warranty. Just waiting on delivery of part ā€¦ā€¦ who knows how long this wil take.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are dropping the ball by not showing their customers how to do this before pulling off the lot.

1000000000% customers fault. Its on the buyer to ask the appropriate questions before leaving with the vehicle. Plus the NVO and Bronco Nation explains the vehicle clearly and how to work the options. People have had over a solid year to watch many videos explaining everything before their Bronco arrives. You'd be a fool not to watch the do's and don'ts!

Sponsored

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If these are snapping off when new, imagine whatā€™s going to happen 5-10 years from now with repeated use/misuse.
I've had mine since August 2021 and probably disassembled the top a few hundred times and have had zero issues when done correctly.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1000000000% customers fault. Its on the buyer to ask the appropriate questions before leaving with the vehicle. Plus the NVO and Bronco Nation explains the vehicle clearly and how to work the options. People have had over a solid year to watch many videos explaining everything before their Bronco arrives. You'd be a fool not to watch the do's and don'ts!
Thereā€™s a dude on here who lives in Minnesota, took delivery in November, and had broken tabs without ever removing the top. But do go on about how using cheap, flimsy ass tabs that break without even being touched is the customers fault šŸ™„

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Back window is not available anywhere. I tried. Welcome to the new world of not being able to get s#it.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, ignore the haters. I broke one out of three of these clips and I have removed my top several times. They are shockingly easy to break.

mul1gan

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
have an appt with the dealer monday. hopefully they will rivet the broken tabs under the tsb.

so with a few of the tabs missing, are we NOT able to reinstall the rear window?

Sponsored

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did anybody else have a problem with their service departments just not doing it? I WORK at a Ford dealer and my service writer is telling me "sorry the techs don't work on fabric." Like WTF it's a TSB from Ford what do you mean they don't work on fabric? Mine is held on by 1 clip on one side and I'm going on a 700 mile road trip next week. I can't believe I'm having to go to another Ford dealership than the one I work at for service. Pathetic.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anybody else have a problem with their service departments just not doing it? I WORK at a Ford dealer and my service writer is telling me "sorry the techs don't work on fabric." Like WTF it's a TSB from Ford what do you mean they don't work on fabric? Mine is held on by 1 clip on one side and I'm going on a 700 mile road trip next week. I can't believe I'm having to go to another Ford dealership than the one I work at for service. Pathetic.
No that's some grade A bullshit. I'd report that dealer to Ford in a heartbeat.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what is the magic word I should say to the service department so that they know its a TSB and they can fix mine? Hate seeing these posts where dealers refuse to do their jobs.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what is the magic word I should say to the service department so that they know its a TSB and they can fix mine? Hate seeing these posts where dealers refuse to do their jobs.
I think Iā€™d rather just buy a can of Gorilla spray and do it myself, rather than deal with the Ford warranty. From the sounds of it, itā€™s the best fix to date anyway.

We had a 2017 Explorer, and the roof rails would pop off the base continuously. One of them had to be retrieved from inside the car wash one time! For a couple of years, Ford wouldnā€™t even acknowledge that it was a problem, despite dozens of forum posts about it. They tried new clips, weatherstrip adhesive, etc. Nothing worked. I ended up buying some black-painted stainless steel screws at Lowes, drilled some pilot holes on the inner portion of the rails on both ends, and put in the screws. Never had a problem again.

About 6 months after we turned in the car (it was a lease), they sent out a TSB to replace the defective railsā€¦ šŸ™„
Sponsored