First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, pretty annoying. But, if it’s pouring like this - I generally have my shell jacket on. Figured it was par for the course.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Theft - Scum cutting it to steal

2) Noise - commute daily on I-95

3) No rear wiper and that stupid window wave

4) Durability in Florida weather - heat, humidity, rain, hurricanes, etc. I park outside, no garage.

Anybody got soft top insight to add?

Thanks!
1. Anyone clever enough to operate a knife can figure out how to break glass too.

2. If you need something ultra quiet, this is the wrong class of vehicle.

3. You can't see **** out the rear window anyway, the tiny wiper isn't going to make much difference.

4. If you expect your vehicle to be able to survive extreme weather like hurricanes parked outdoors, then I would suggest looking into armored army surplus vehicles.

Get2Zchoppa

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Dodge Super Bee, 72 Plymouth Road Runner GTX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea the rain dump opening the door sucks, but that’s the only real complaint. I’m a month and 2,000 miles into ownership and I love the soft top. I don’t understand people complaining about noise because it is in fact a soft top, impossible for it to be as quiet as a solid roof option. Enjoy it!

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve unfortunately seen some of the MIC owners reporting leaks (despite Ford saying issues are only cosmetic) and the rattling noises TFL documented.

So, I’m wondering how the soft tops are performing…

I have held fast against getting a soft top for several reasons but the MIC just seems doomed to suck so here are my soft top concerns:

1) Theft - Scum cutting it to steal

2) Noise - commute daily on I-95

3) No rear wiper and that stupid window wave

4) Durability in Florida weather - heat, humidity, rain, hurricanes, etc. I park outside, no garage.

Anybody got soft top insight to add?

Thanks!
The soft top is working out well for me. Drove 250 miles in a pretty good rain storm and no leaks. There is a little wind noise but I was use to it in my Jeep. You really can’t see out the rear side windows when your driving but from the inside looking out you can’t tell there is a wave in the plastic and they are tinted which is a nice look. As for theft, you just have to take your chances. Some could just as easily break a window or pop a door if they want to get in bad enough. All in all I’m very happy with the soft top but I wanted it from the start. I really like driving with the top all the way down from spring to fall! And some times in the winter with the heat on!😄
Sponsored