First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compelled to write this for some reason, knowing I'll get blasted by the many otherwise happy 4D Soft top owners....or maybe because this topic is already covered in another thread which I didn't see....anyway, is anyone else bothered by the Ford 4D soft top design and quality, specifically, the wrinkle in the rear side windows??? I mean, "c'mon, man" (Ford)...really? EVERY picture I've seen of the 4D Soft tops have that wrinkle...compare that to Soft Top Jeeps, 2D or 4D....can't think of any I've seen that aren't flat and tight. Even my 2005 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with a BestTop slant back....those windows are tight, flat, no wrinkles at all. I suppose maybe this couldn't be avoided due to the fold-down design of the 4D tops (I'll spare all my rant on that design!!). I guess I get why, but it would sure be nice if Ford just offered BestTop products as an "instead of" option rather than an add-on for additional cost. My order is a 2D so not an issue for me, but if I were to switch to a 4D, pretty sure my first upgrade would be to ditch / replace the Ford 4D soft top.
Sponsored

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the wrinkles are by design so you can lift the rear up without damaging the panels.

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess we are all wired differently. I can’t say that I LIKE the wrinkle, but I can say that it doesn’t bother me one bit. If it bothered me that much I’d just get a hard top.

Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe the wrinkles are by design so you can lift the rear up without damaging the panels.
This. I have no problem with a little wrinkle and the convenience of the quick drop top. I will however be getting a hard top as well when one comes out for the winters

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I think this horse is sufficiently dead. Probably has completely decayed at this point.

Though I agree with @knownhuman. The wrinkle in the rear windows are a side effect of the kickstand feature. Pretty obvious when you watch the Bronco Nation video on the subject. (1m35s timestamp)

OP
OP

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I think this horse is sufficiently dead. Probably has completely decayed at this point.

Though I agree with @knownhuman. The wrinkle in the rear windows are a side effect of the kickstand feature. Pretty obvious when you watch the Bronco Nation video on the subject. (1m35s timestamp)

OK....I get it....yes, I was flogging a dead horse; yes, complaining about an option on a truck I didn't order, and OK, the wrinkle is a trade vs the otherwise useful functionality of the top overall...makes sense.

Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it has been covered….extensively

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Compelled to write this for some reason, knowing I'll get blasted by the many otherwise happy 4D Soft top owners....or maybe because this topic is already covered in another thread which I didn't see....anyway, is anyone else bothered by the Ford 4D soft top design and quality, specifically, the wrinkle in the rear side windows??? I mean, "c'mon, man" (Ford)...really? EVERY picture I've seen of the 4D Soft tops have that wrinkle...compare that to Soft Top Jeeps, 2D or 4D....can't think of any I've seen that aren't flat and tight. Even my 2005 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with a BestTop slant back....those windows are tight, flat, no wrinkles at all. I suppose maybe this couldn't be avoided due to the fold-down design of the 4D tops (I'll spare all my rant on that design!!). I guess I get why, but it would sure be nice if Ford just offered BestTop products as an "instead of" option rather than an add-on for additional cost. My order is a 2D so not an issue for me, but if I were to switch to a 4D, pretty sure my first upgrade would be to ditch / replace the Ford 4D soft top.
Having had 5 different soft tops for my 4dr wrangler I have absolutely no issues with the 4dr bronco soft top. Love the design, quietness compared to jeep and rear tilt rather than zippers for rear window, ease of use and removal compared to jeep. Already two choices for bronco soft top and I’m sire like jeep there will be many more to come. Just all personal beliefs on it. From a production standpoint it is a difficult thing to build for looks when closed, open and attachment points. There will always be something people won’t like about each.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dead horse. If you don't like it, wait for Best Top but you won't get that lift up in the back design. And use some wire butts to de-wrinkle. Next.....?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.