Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had no problems with rain and it rained for 2 days here. I don't worry about theft. I got the cargo enclosure so people can't see what is back there anyway and noise is not that bad and I have sas. Don't care about the back window since I got a rear view mirror that has a rear camera so I can see everything. The soft top is awesome and I'm glad I switched. i can easily push it back and enjoy a open ride without having to worry about taking the panels off and storing them somewhere
What rear view mirror/camera are you using?
Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a soft top too. No issues that I can tell. I am new to soft tops so the different noises heard while driving are weird at first. No leaks that I have seen. Air and heat take care of any discomfort almost immediately. However, there is a weird cutoff for the "rain gutter" where it drops the water at about the middle of the the front doors.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am really liking our soft top. I used a decibel app to compare the wind noise to my JKU hardtop and the Bronco was a bit quieter. Plus the Bronco has speed compensating audio to make up for the wind noise. No issues in the severe rain we had here last week either. Personally, I think the soft top is made for Florida weather. Top down most the time but it goes back up easily for those afternoon rain showers or when you are parked. Go test drive a soft top Jeep to get a feel for it and know the Bronco will be a better experience.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P4564VP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

has a front and rear dash cam that is always recording. You can set it up have 2k front and 2k back or just 4k front. The rearview mirror just attaches to regular one so the only installation is running the wires and with the bronco it's very easy to push the wires to hide.
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I would be interested if you could create a separate thread (Interior Modifications) documenting the product. How it mounts, camera locations, and even a short video or photos showing the rear view image quality. Thanks for sharing the link

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I would be interested if you could create a separate thread (Interior Modifications) documenting the product. How it mounts, camera locations, and even a short video or photos showing the rear view image quality. Thanks for sharing the link
i would but there are a ton of a**holes on here. I only venture out in gen pop every now and then and stay within a thread I have been a part of for a while now. If anyone has questions they can message me

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sure does. Minute I open the door it all pours in.
Is there anyway to avoid this, even with a simple modification to the soft top? Can you record this on video so we can see how bad it is?

Outside of this, the other feedback seems more positive than I anticipated for the soft top, which is good to hear.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there anyway to avoid this, even with a simple modification to the soft top? Can you record this on video so we can see how bad it is?

Outside of this, the other feedback seems more positive than I anticipated for the soft top, which is good to hear.
it's not raining anymore so i can't post a vid. I don't think there is any way to avoid it. I only really notice it when it rains hard. When I first drive after a rain and first step on the breaks it seems all the water rushes to the front. I think it's because the water tends to weigh down the top in between the soft top support bars when the bronco is just sitting. I don't find it a big deal. On the bright side I will say that when it is raining a little I can have my windows down and water does not come in like my other cars I have had. Other than that I am glad I switched to the soft top. Very quick to open and road noise is not that bad

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's not raining anymore so i can't post a vid. I don't think there is any way to avoid it. I only really notice it when it rains hard. When I first drive after a rain and first step on the breaks it seems all the water rushes to the front. I think it's because the water tends to weigh down the top in between the soft top support bars when the bronco is just sitting. I don't find it a big deal. On the bright side I will say that when it is raining a little I can have my windows down and water does not come in like my other cars I have had. Other than that I am glad I switched to the soft top. Very quick to open and road noise is not that bad
Thanks for the additional info. Very helpful.

I am disappointed you didn’t offer to setup a sprinkler to mimic rain and record your experience. Very disappointed indeed… :ROFLMAO:

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve unfortunately seen some of the MIC owners reporting leaks (despite Ford saying issues are only cosmetic) and the rattling noises TFL documented.

So, I’m wondering how the soft tops are performing…

I have held fast against getting a soft top for several reasons but the MIC just seems doomed to suck so here are my soft top concerns:

1) Theft - Scum cutting it to steal

2) Noise - commute daily on I-95

3) No rear wiper and that stupid window wave

4) Durability in Florida weather - heat, humidity, rain, hurricanes, etc. I park outside, no garage.

Anybody got soft top insight to add?

Thanks!
I'm in Tallahassee and so far (a few weeks in and about 850 miles) I'm very happy with the soft top. No leaks whatsoever. The sound at 85 or 90 mph on I-10 is completely fine. I don't care one way or the other about a rear wiper. Wavy windows are irrelevant when inside the vehicle. Durability has been no problem so far while parking it outside both at home and work, flipping it back regularly, and ramming it through tight trails in the Apalachicola National Forest.

It's great.

Sponsored

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out “Pickens Party of 5” on YouTube or Facebook. They have a Bronco soft top and live in Florida. It’s a great one to follow.

Last edited:

broncoCT

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had no problems with rain and it rained for 2 days here. I don't worry about theft. I got the cargo enclosure so people can't see what is back there anyway and noise is not that bad and I have sas. Don't care about the back window since I got a rear view mirror that has a rear camera so I can see everything. The soft top is awesome and I'm glad I switched. i can easily push it back and enjoy a open ride without having to worry about taking the panels off and storing them somewhere
acnp2022 which cargo enclosure did you get?

I have a full-size 4 door and am happy with the soft top (which is good since the hard tops are delayed to who knows when) and have been looking at the two available on Ford's website

Fixed Lid, 4-Door https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-c.html#2021/Bronco

Deluxe Raised Lid - 4-Door - https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco

both pictures only show the cargo enclosure used with the Hard-Top, so I'm not sure that they will work with the Soft-Top.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

acnp2022 which cargo enclosure did you get?

I have a full-size 4 door and am happy with the soft top (which is good since the hard tops are delayed to who knows when) and have been looking at the two available on Ford's website

Fixed Lid, 4-Door https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-c.html#2021/Bronco

Deluxe Raised Lid - 4-Door - https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco

both pictures only show the cargo enclosure used with the Hard-Top, so I'm not sure that they will work with the Soft-Top.
I got the raised lid. Unfortunately it hits the rod that props the back up, but I don't mind it. It does the job of not allowing people to see what's back there. I think either one would work fine

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it sounds like a back seat window is cracked a little.
Exactly what we thought when we test drove a soft top.
To me, it seemed intrusive, bordering unacceptable.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what we thought when we test drove a soft top.
To me, it seemed intrusive, bordering unacceptable.
I mean, it's whatever. It doesn't bother me and I talk on bluetooth all the time and no one complains.
Sponsored