Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was looking at the stats on the forum for how many submitted orders include only the soft top. 5.4% total. And Ford wants people to switch to it from the MIC top. Lol. Good luck. Not sure how they’re gonna produce any Broncos of a significant number this year with so few soft tops and so many MIC tops ordered.
I think the driving force in that low percentage is you must order the mic to get the wiring/tubing for rear defrost and wiper. I am guessing the 5.4% don’t understand this.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No hook up for rear wipers or defrost, and it's not very attractive anyway. Aftermarket will have so much more to offer
I was just about to post the same thing. If Ford would put in the hookups I would switch to a soft top tomorrow.

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the softtop after seeing the video on the soft top and hard top. Since I don't have a garage, it will be way easier to take the top down on the soft top and I don't need to find a place to store the top.

The backup plan if I hate the soft top is to buy a painted white hard top once they become available. I assume installing the wiring/fluid lines will be possible. I'm not killing myself over it though, the rear wiper has been near-useless in every car i've had it in.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with the softtop after seeing the video on the soft top and hard top. Since I don't have a garage, it will be way easier to take the top down on the soft top and I don't need to find a place to store the top.

The backup plan if I hate the soft top is to buy a painted white hard top once they become available. I assume installing the wiring/fluid lines will be possible. I'm not killing myself over it though, the rear wiper has been near-useless in every car i've had it in.
I consider the interior mirror to be a plus. Use my outside mirrors. If the back window is clean/frost free cool. If not, so what? I also understand that my driving experience is different than a lot of other peoples, most of the vehicles I drove the interior mirror was of no use...

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After anyone owns a soft top for a reasonable amount of time, it’s very likely they will eventually want a hard top also. Unless you live someplace where it doesn’t snow. Having a soft top can be awesome for sure so don’t get me wrong.

IMPO from an owners perspective a soft top is the selectable “option”, the hard top should always be Standard equipment.

Plus I’ve yet to see a soft top for a 6G that I’d be willing to purchase. 4D rear access tilt is janky and those side windows are not going to last & the 2D fastback is just a hard no.

I have several “deadly sins” or whatever, Tow package, Sasquatch, 2D, 2.7L, etc. I’m letting it all ride.

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, said the guy who lives in Chicagoland. Rain, snow, some semblance of security... it's a hardtop or GFY. Soft top? LOL If I lived in San Diego, I'm soft top all day.
I should have mentioned this in my original post: yes, i ordered the bronco basically to take advantage of California's nice weather so over-rotated on getting the best option for going top-down most of the time.

The harshest weather it will see is weekends in Tahoe.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't ever change to a soft, the hard top is easily removed, more sturdy, less road noise (presumably) and more secure.

6 months of winter and seeing Temps-30/-40f the soft top just doesn't seem like it'll hold heat as well.

I have all the time in the world to wait for my order, the Bronco isn't a "need" for me, but a want. I'll be impatient about it, but I'll wait.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I consider the interior mirror to be a plus. Use my outside mirrors. If the back window is clean/frost free cool. If not, so what?
Most of my teenage driving was pulling a boat trailer. I borrowed a car once without a rearview mirror and didn't even notice for several hours. People actually use their inside mirror that much? I've never even owned a car with a rear wiper before.

If Ford offered a soft top on the 2-Door, AND it was a lot less noisy than the one on my 2006 Mustang, I'd take it. Part of the reason I ordered the hard top (other than it doesn't even exist on the 2-Door) is because I expect it to fit better than the top on my Mustang. Seriously the wind noise is really loud once you get up to 80 or so.
Sponsored