Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like having both tops. The hardtop for winter, and soft top for spring/summer. Mine being an FE, I am going with the MIC top since it's the only real option. I do plan on adding a soft top later, but I am waiting to see if Bestop makes a square-back Supertop NX type top for it instead of the TrekTop with the angled back. If not, I may get the Ford OE top in the end.
Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a 2 door that obviously has a hard top but when Ford showed up local here in SoCal with two 4 door convertible I was impressed. The top has three positions and can be taken completely off (110 lbs). If it were a Mustang you would order the soft top every time because it’s a pain to takeoff or store The hard top. I would be cool to cruise to the beach in your bronco and put the top down and put it right up if it turn cool. I’m looking for a off white convertible top for my 2 door because I’m going for more of a heritage look with off white rims and grill.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What they should have figured out was how to offer wiper and defrost hookups as an option for soft top buyers...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the "give me the wiring and plumbing and I'll switch to soft today" camp as well. Originally ordered dual top, never had a Wrangler so figured I'll try both and see what I like best, maybe then sell one off.
But Ford forces me to go MIC now, so I get some cheap wiring and a hose for the tech on the rear to work. And while the wiper is small, it's still a little clear window to see something, better than nothing. And defrost even comes in handy in the Bay Area.

I'd love to have the soft top, just for how easy it is to open just the top. And close it back down if it's either too hot or cold out (rain is unfortunately pretty much never an issue here anymore).

In summer I can leave my house where it's over 100 degree, drive less than an hour for a cool winter day on the coast in the fog. That would be much easier to deal with having a soft top, no panels to store and bring. And also on those hot days, it might be nice to leave in the morning when it's still pleasant, but once it goes over those 100 degree, pull over, button things up and enjoy the A/C.

So, Ford, if you're listening, there are quite some customers that would be happy with switching to soft top, if you agree to toss in a couple wires and a rubber hose, something that really can't be all that expensive to add to a build.... Heck, I'd be happy to switch back to my dual top order and have Ford deliver the MIC top to my dealer or my house when ever they have one available next year! Rather shortsighted decision to not add these things to all builds IMO. But some penny pincher thought it's better to save a couple bucks per vehicle and inconvenience customers down the road, because they'll just have to buy all that stuff and have it installed later = more $.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heh, hey, that's my photo. The ones at the dealer event looked much better, fwiw.
Oops. My bad, I added a photo credit to the post. Thank you for the pics by the way.

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oops. My bad, I added a photo credit to the post. Thank you for the pics by the way.
No worries, really. Just happened to notice. Actually thought it was kinda cool that you snagged it.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep changing your orders to soft tops. I'll get my WildTrak sooner. (y)

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the look of the 2 door soft top accessory (obviously it isn't an option yet) and it will be purchased next spring. I do wish it had the full down option like the factory 4 door top. But, I'll get over it.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The primary reason that I'm buying a vehicle like this is for the "outdoor" features, which include removable top and doors, washout interior, and 4 wheel drive. So I was on the fence with the soft top originally but like so many others, chose the MIC because of the hookups and knowing I could buy a soft top later.

But I want a shot at a 2021 so I'm switching. If I don't get a 2021, I may switch again. Time will tell if I like the soft top or not but it seems I have no way of knowing until I give it a try. My kids have had jeeps and I've never seen the top come off because we have no place to put it. So at least I don't have to solve that problem immediately in order to go top-down.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the driving force in that low percentage is you must order the mic to get the wiring/tubing for rear defrost and wiper. I am guessing the 5.4% don’t understand this.
I went with the soft top, and while I understand it, and don't like it, I'm fine with it. I want the Bronco to have with the roof off, and I see way too many Jeeps out there driving in beautiful weather with their hard tops on. Getting the hard top off, storing it, getting it back on, etc sounds like it's a pain, which is why I assume so many Jeep owners have theirs on all the time. I have other vehicles that will be my regular drivers, and I'm sure the guy who buys my Bronco off me in a few years won't be too happy, but I think I'm good for now

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Best chance to get your Bronco is to switch to soft top. DO IT!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said earlier today in another thread that I need the hard top on my 2-door for various reasons. However, after more thought, I’d absolutely switch right now if:

1. Ford offered a soft top for the 2-door, and reduced the price of the Bronco to reflect lack of hardtop and hardtop guts, OR

2. I could get an aftermarket soft top right away, and Ford would reduce the Bronco price accordingly.

I don’t have a garage at my house, so my plan for the hard top is to sometimes take the front panels off only and put them in the back and other times take off the whole top and doors and put them in my mom’s garage across town. However, the ONE thing I love about a soft top is being able to easily put it back up when it starts raining. Softtop may actually be better since I have no garage. I just wouldn’t be able to keep my cargo box full of gear in it.

So, if I could get a Bestop right away, I’d switch.
Sponsored