Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the look and I live in FL.

I'll definitely get a mash top at some point.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can take off the hard top if you want the wind in your hair. You can't turn the soft top into a hard top. Soft tops are ugly. What's the mystery?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone actually receives a 2 door 21 Bronco, you may have a rare collector car as soon as you pick it up.

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called Ford what a waste of my time they know nothing about delays

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want to like the soft top. The function of it folding all the way down to the tailgate easily is awesome, that's exactly why I want it. I am super concerned about the longevity though, like other posters have said, it seems like the material has already lost its taught-ness over the frame. The way it bunches up when it folds looks like it stresses the material way too much and is going to wear way too quick.

I don't know why Bestop is only offering the regular trektop, not the trektop ultra that folds all the way back like the factory. Bestop produces the factory Wrangler softtop that does that, and it looks a lot better than the OEM Ford. And the regular version of the Trektop that only folds back to the big bunchy sunrider position above the rear seat is....not good looking either.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on going topless most of the time anyway, so going to a soft top should work out just fine for me as both the hard top and soft top will be stored away anyway.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not hate of the soft top, rather it's preference for the hard top. My plan is to see what Bestop comes up with as a simple soft top (no frame) that keeps the elements out if I have the hard top off (really the clamshell part) for a road trip.

The factory soft top with framing and flip back functionality doesn't interest me.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in North Central Wisconsin. For me a hard top was never even an option. Soft top only and I’ve never had a problem or a regret with my soft top JKs or TJs or Mustangs.
Same here in Central NY. Dumped on with snow and the soft top on my Jeep has never been a issue. Going 2 door with the Bronco so will be a first with a hard top. Will probably end up ditching it for a softie down the road. Looks be damned I'm all about ease of use and not needing a spot to store a hard top. So nice to be out somewhere and the weather breaks and just take out the windows, chuck them in the back and drop the top for the ride home. Can't do that with a hard top.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some buyers, the wiring/plumbing is a non factor. The tiny swipe of the rear wiper is useless and a defroster for those that live in the lower latitudes is equally worthless. For buyers in the southern states, if they could get a Bestop twill soft top instead of the current factory options, I would guess the soft top ordering percentage would be much greater.
Living in the sunbelt, not much need for defrost. A clean ride means you don't need the swiper. I agree that the hookups is really a non-factor for me.

I'm a former jeep owner and I just remember the noise, heat, cold, and security issues. The soft top versus hard top really comes down to practicality. The take rate probably speaks to the demographic of Bronco buyers here. Most of us have been around the block, have experience with soft tops, and we weigh things differently. With all that said, I have been toying with the idea of switching to the soft top. :)

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the driving force in that low percentage is you must order the mic to get the wiring/tubing for rear defrost and wiper. I am guessing the 5.4% don’t understand this.
this is exactly the reason i'm opting to wait for MY22 and the dual top option. i'm a little leary of just going full soft top since i've got hellacious allergies in the area i currently live in.

with retirement looming, i can live somewhere else and become allergic to a whole different set of pollen. took about 10 years in my current location to become sensitized to the local pollen, so there's a window for a soft top!

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I will give in, if Ford would put a Diesel engine in one I will take a soft top

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Currently have a black softtop on my Wrangler. It’s too hot in the south to have the top down during the day for a daily driver, and when it’s up it’s not much better except that the sun is not on you directly. It’s like a greenhouse. The A/C cannot cool the interior enough to compete with oppressive June-September heat. I have to have a hard top, for this and other reasons.
Sponsored