First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a dope setup sir! Can you link me to that hammock mount and light with clip? Thanks for sharing
Thank you, I appreciate it. The hammock system is from Adventure Hammock System.

They offer 3 different styles of hitch mount hammock systems to suit your needs and budget. I have the Bare Bones Hammock and their Awning. The pole for the light is actually for the awning/tarp. I didnā€™t deploy the awning for this video but Iā€™ve had it deployed in different adventures in strong Colorado winds and heavy rain without any issues.

I ordered the camping hook hangers which works/fits perfectly with the awning poles on Amazon. They are no longer available but the dimensions are: 7.28 x 5.39 x 1.77 inches. Iā€™m sure you can find similar ones on Amazon.

The collapsing rechargeable camp lantern is from Target.

Happy camping!

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I enjoyed your video. It was calming. Would be interested in links to the equipment that you feature especially the ammo can stove. I presume your hammock setup is from Adventure Hammock Systems?
Thank you. Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it. I think itā€™s a great idea (thank you!) and will post links to the gear that I used/featured on this video on the first post. The hammock system is indeed from Adventure Hammock System aka McLean Metalworks.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think itā€™s important people know the grave dangers of camping out west in our bear infested mountains. Especially in Utah.

Camping outdoors here is extremely dangerous and many donā€™t make it out alive. Most should probably just go to Vegas. Itā€™s about life and death. Good luck to those that take the risk.
Keep foods stored in a bear proof containers. Donā€™t give them an invite to an all-you-can eat buffet. Bears are also a threat out on the east coast.

Stay safe and happy camping!

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where's your spare? Is it stored elsewhere or did you purely delete it? Honestly, this is a great video, you have a nice rig and your time out there looked awesome . . . but I would never endorse venturing out solo without a spare, that's very risky and potentially dangerous. Just sayin'.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s really handy, minimal, and cool as can be. Thanks for the link!
Rarely do I follow stuff to the actual YT channel and subscribe, but I did here. I could watch calm stuff like this all day.
Excellent post.
I appreciate the kudos and the sub. I plan to make more videos like this moving forward. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice Setup!

Will that work with the Official Bronco Hammock?

Seriously, you have a mosquito netting option? On the beach, it ainā€™t the bears that are going to eat you alive in your hammock. Itā€™s the mosquitos, black and horse flies.
Thank you. The Bare Bones hammock supports 10ft and their XL model supports up to 11ft. If the official Bronco hammock is either of those lengths than the appropriately sized hammock mount should work.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where's your spare? Is it stored elsewhere or did you purely delete it? Honestly, this is a great video, you have a nice rig and your time out there looked awesome . . . but I would never endorse venturing out solo without a spare, that's very risky and potentially dangerous. Just sayin'.
The spare for this adventure was at home. There is never an excuse for not bringing the spare but I chose to leave it behind and bring my air compressor and tire plug kit instead. The spot I was camping was ~1 mile into a dirt washboard service road.

I always have my spare in the back storage area (watch the ending to my Steel Bender YT video) for more demanding off-roading adventures.

You raise valid concerns and I agree that safety should be a top priority when adventuring outdoors.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep foods stored in a bear proof containers. Donā€™t give them an invite to an all-you-can eat buffet. Bears are also a threat out on the east coast.

Stay safe and happy camping!
My sarcasm sucks online. Cool video tho.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe a bear ripped it off and devoured it. šŸ˜†

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ground tent, RTT, and hammocks all have their pros and cons. I do have a tarp for this setup that provides coverage and privacy. That being said a bear is going to have his way regardless.
My plan is RTT. I don't want to make it easy for the bear.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan is RTT. I don't want to make it easy for the bear.
I had a RTT on my last rig, Taco. Itā€™s the way to go for maximum comfort. I canā€™t help but hum the theme song to The Jeffersonā€™s while typing this.

B_Dmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rooftop tent and a shotgun in the trunk is my plan.

been camping for years and all i get is racoons.

i wish a bear would run up on me, that just means i would soon have bear meat stocked in the freezer
Sponsored