Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any one know if it’s possible to just get two rear cross bars for the rear section this is what I am trying to do on mine. I know it’s possible just don’t know how to go about it.
85F6115B-B657-48BF-8766-52B21541672A.jpeg
Did you ever have any luck locating the part numbers for the half rack?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for providing these links, but I really like the OEM look. Even though the costs would be much higher, I was considering purchasing another rack and modifying it to look like the photo that you posted. I think that if you move the rear brackets to the rear attachment location on the roof and mount the second set of rear brackets facing backwards in the front attachment point by swapping the left for the right, and then shorten the roof rails.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for providing these links, but I really like the OEM look. Even though the costs would be much higher, I was considering purchasing another rack and modifying it to look like the photo that you posted. I think that if you move the rear brackets to the rear attachment location on the roof and mount the second set of rear brackets facing backwards in the front attachment point by swapping the left for the right, and then shorten the roof rails.
IMG-1274.jpg

IMG-1275.jpg

Sponsored

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks amazing, it that a custom build or something you can actually order from ford?
It's a custom fabrication, but with all OEM components

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any way you could do a write up on how this was done and with what parts. I really want a setup like that.
I purchased another rack from another Bronco owner locally. I moved the rear brackets of my existing rack to the rear attachment location on the roof and mounted the second set of rear brackets facing backwards in the front attachment point by swapping the left for the right, and then shortened the roof rails. The rear most cross piece had to be shortened about a 1/2" or so. I also had to cut notches in the roof rails and add nut serts to mount the front cross rail. I used a portable band saw to make all of the cuts. The plastic pieces cover up everything so it doesn't have to look pretty. I'm not sure if I would trust putting too much weight on this since its only supported by the roof. I'm also concerned about installing a platform because the brackets attach by "hooking" under the groove on the side of the roof and as you tighten the screw, they "pinch" against the roof indentations. I'm not sure what type of hold the roof material would be capable of with any kind of lift from the wind under a platform at higher speeds.

Last edited:

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok th
I purchased another rack from another Bronco owner locally. I moved the rear brackets of my existing rack to the rear attachment location on the roof and mounted the second set of rear brackets facing backwards in the front attachment point by swapping the left for the right, and then shortened the roof rails. The rear most cross piece had to be shortened about a 1/2" or so. I also had to cut notches in the roof rails and add nut serts to mount the front cross rail. I used a portable band saw to make all of the cuts. The plastic pieces cover up everything so it doesn't have to look pretty. I'm not sure if I would trust putting too much weight on this since its only supported by the roof. I'm also concerned about installing a platform because the brackets attach by "hooking" under the grove on the side of the roof and as you tighten the screw, they "pinch" against the roof indentations. I'm not sure what type of hold the roof material would be capable of with any kind of lift from the wind under a platform at higher speeds.
Thanks, I thought that was your way of doing it. Honestly if I did this it would strictly be for looks and not for use....but you do bring up a good point about the way it mounts and how much pressure it could stand as you stated. I wonder if how the other half racks that are on the market if this would also be an issue for them and the gripping power and strength of the roof in sustaining the force both lift and the resistance applied to a load on a basket system.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs