Sponsored

*SOLVED* Infotainment screen / radio buttons lit up when the truck is off.

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

I noticed a very concerning issue with my Bronco today. I parked in my garage, shut off the engine and went inside. An hour later I went to take a trash bag out and noticed the radio buttons were lit up and the screen back light was on. You can also hear the high-pitch sounds the electronics make (usually when you open the door right before powering up).

Ford Bronco *SOLVED* Infotainment screen / radio buttons lit up when the truck is off. 20231101_205944
Ford Bronco *SOLVED* Infotainment screen / radio buttons lit up when the truck is off. 20231101_205928

I power cycled it (full engine turn on and back off) and it seemed to fix the issue. I checked several minutes later and it was doing it again.

I'm sure I'll have a dead battery tomorrow. Has anyone ran into this? I tried searching for similar threads but either it's a rare problem or my google-fu is weak. Any suggestions or ideas to try before I contact my dealer tomorrow would be great!

'23, 2dr Badlands, ~3500 miles. No issues before this.

**SOLVED**

JediMcMuffin was right, I let it be and an hour or so later I received a push notification saying an update had been completed. I'll leave this thread up in case anyone else is confused by this. They should notify you when they start the update if you ask me!

Ford Bronco *SOLVED* Infotainment screen / radio buttons lit up when the truck is off. Screenshot_20231101_215254_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be a PowerUp update process that you're interrupting? does seem odd to me though

OP
OP
Tychapman

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be a PowerUp update process that you're interrupting? does seem odd to me though
Hmm good idea, I didn't consider that. I'll give it a bit and see. Surely they'd have a message on the screen saying so right?? 🤣

Edit: you were right on the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat