First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have Cooper AT3's on multiple vehicles (Explorer and F-150) they have great all around manors.
Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Both have 60k mile treadlife and are pretty light. Great if you donā€™t need a super aggressive tire or LT rated.

Nitto Nomad Grappler

12763FCE-075D-4AD4-8948-AAA486E04056.png

BF Goodrich Trail Terrain

CE0581CC-6171-43C5-8837-90F9CB35A7BA.png
I installed Badlands OEM wheels on my OBX Bronco with Continental Terrain Contact tires. Great tread pattern, just aggressive enough - but with absolutely quiet on-road ride. But dang they are Load Range E and I didn't realize how stiff they would ride! I'm going to try to get a year out of 'em before I switch to the BFG Trail Terrains, since they are Standard Load tires they should have a much more comfy ride.

Was debating on the BFG KO2's in Load Range C. But with the aggressive tread I'm not sure how quiet they would be? I'm pretty sure the BFG Trail Terrain would be nice and quiet on road.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be an unpopular post.

The Falken AT3w work so well, there's no reason to go less aggressive than those.

Cheers. šŸ»
Not with the Falken made out in China.

And they weight a lot for what they are (51 lbs vs 42-46lbs) against other tires.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not with the Falken made out in China.

And they weight a lot for what they are (51 lbs vs 42-46lbs) against other tires.
I haven't seen any made in China... The many sets I have sold are all made in Thailand, including the set in my garage right now. It's a Sumitomo company out of Japan. They are heavier than many other tires, and you'll find they also run a significantly greater tread depth than most other tires. If weight is your main concern, you're giving up performance in other areas. Have you ever run them??

Ford Bronco Some new choices for less aggressive A/T tires falken

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Falken at3w are a great wearing tire I had a set on my dodge diesel and hauled many heavy loads and also used them for truck pulling great dirt traction as well as great road manners

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't seen any made in China... The many sets I have sold are all made in Thailand, including the set in my garage right now. It's a Sumitomo company out of Japan. They are heavier than many other tires, and you'll find they also run a significantly greater tread depth than most other tires. If weight is your main concern, you're giving up performance in other areas. Have you ever run them??

falken.jpg
Aye, Iā€™ve just seen various posts and comments about them being Chinese made while unable to find a source on their website, but Iā€™m just an asshole on the internet so I could be totally wrong. Iā€™m looking for mainly street performance with limited off-road time as itā€™s my DD so unsprung weight is a concern to me along with on road manners.

Iā€™ve not run them, theyā€™re on my short list of SL tires I want to run after the Duelers get burned through along with the Nittoā€™s, Firestone Destinationā€™s, and Cooper Discovererā€™s.

And the tread depth on the Falken vs Nomad Grapplers are the same (13/32 for Falken vs 13.4/32 on the Nitto) per their websites.

But again, Iā€™m just an asshole on the internet and thatā€™s why we have choices for tires. *shrug*

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aye, Iā€™ve just seen various posts and comments about them being Chinese made while unable to find a source on their website, but Iā€™m just an asshole on the internet so I could be totally wrong. Iā€™m looking for mainly street performance with limited off-road time as itā€™s my DD so unsprung weight is a concern to me along with on road manners.

Iā€™ve not run them, theyā€™re on my short list of SL tires I want to run after the Duelers get burned through along with the Nittoā€™s, Firestone Destinationā€™s, and Cooper Discovererā€™s.

And the tread depth on the Falken vs Nomad Grapplers are the same (13/32 for Falken vs 13.4/32 on the Nitto) per their websites.

But again, Iā€™m just an asshole on the internet and thatā€™s why we have choices for tires. *shrug*
It's all good... My "hobby shop" is a medium volume Jeep and Raptor shop that I consult for. I've sold a lot of tires for 4x4's. So I have developed an opinion (that's all it is) on various tires.

If you're looking for a mild AT, the Cooper AT3 4S is an outstanding tire.

Good luck!

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems to be incredibly hard to find any of these tires in 275/70/R18 size in Canada. It is getting very frustrating to say the least

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

35" Options? Has anybody tried running a set of 315 SAS stock size on either of these tires?

I'm considering less aggressive options, but most seem to run these in 285.
Sponsored