Sponsored

Someone please explain how the wheels work?

Targgus

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're stripping them because you might have the wrong tools. The screws are Torx-Plus, using a regular Torx will strip if overtightened. I don't know the torque speq on them, but they should be properly torqued to prevent over-tightening and damaging the inside threads. The right tools will always help get it done right.
1) I stripped it while unthreading, not tightening.
2) There's tons of threads saying Torx and tons saying Torx Plus. The T45 fit snug for me.

If you can prove me wrong with your Bronco wheels, I'll go buy a Torx-Plus bit right now.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright guys im not clear on how the 17" Black High-Gloss Painted Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels work. what does it mean beadlock capable? is it possible to make it true beadlock and if so what does it intel? if i take it to a tireshop and say i want to make it beadlock will they look at me like im an idiot? is it predrilled? does the ring need to be replaced and if so from where. This might be a simple to most but its not clear to me
Great question!

Learned something today!

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So how likely is someone to get pulled over for having beadlocks? And is it unsafe driving with beadlocks? Only ask because the racecar guys out here run beadlocks around and my buddy says when he gets pulled over it is usually because of the slicks not the beadlock rim

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on Icon Rebound Pros.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found these pictures awhile back and seems to show the difference pretty well.
Ford Bronco Someone please explain how the wheels work? Sasquatch Rim cutaway
Ford Bronco Someone please explain how the wheels work? Bead lock rim cutaway

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) I stripped it while unthreading, not tightening.
2) There's tons of threads saying Torx and tons saying Torx Plus. The T45 fit snug for me.

If you can prove me wrong with your Bronco wheels, I'll go buy a Torx-Plus bit right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-81000-...keywords=torx+plus&qid=1645160357&s=hi&sr=1-6
I would trust this Lisle set before any Chinese knock off. If you're not buying Snap-On, Mac, Matco, OTC or Cornwell get the Lisle set. Lisle has amazing customer service and make quality tools. The difference between a Torx and a Torx plus is the Torx plus have a flat edge whereas the regular Torx are rounded. I'll see if I can post a picture. It's very easy to see the difference on the fastener below...
https://www.sloky.com.tw/Templates/pic/accessaries_bits02.jpg
One other trick you can try if it's ugga dugga tight is before trying to loosen the fastener smack the top of the ratchet (socket attached and in the fastener) with a hammer the vibration often times helps break the seal. Also, let me know if the factory used loctite on the threads (usually blue paint on the threads).
Sponsored

Last edited: