First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely the bezel is upside down compared to my 22.

IMG_20221224_192150.jpg
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pull up to apply the brake, down to release it... Just like a mechanical hand brake.

Now in older cars, you would use your foot to push down that pedal by the kick panel, and use your hand on a separate lever to pull up and release.... But that was two different mechanisms.

And yeah, I do have to be very careful when I go to pull the hood to make dang sure I'm on the right thing. Reading other people's post, I know that the parking brake is not that durable, and the hood release uses a little bit of force.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I vote for the mechanical hand-brake, or at least a decent sized something to pull and release. The little brake-button sucks.

I know where this button is... but fumble for it each time I need it. And then of course... is it ON, or is it OFF.

There are some things that shouldn't change... and this should have been one of them. When a feature goes from useful to just a pain... you need to redesign it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Different part numbers (probably up vs. down) based on build date break.
Ford Bronco Something doesn't seem right...... 1672142009955

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I vote for the mechanical hand-brake, or at least a decent sized something to pull and release. The little brake-button sucks.

I know where this button is... but fumble for it each time I need it. And then of course... is it ON, or is it OFF.

There are some things that shouldn't change... and this should have been one of them. When a feature goes from useful to just a pain... you need to redesign it.
The electric brake is used in some of the driving features, hill start assist, descent control, TTA, etc. A manual ebrake wouldn't allow for that. OK, you can do TTA with a cutter brake. :giggle:

I use mine all the time, especially off road, get into a wonky situation, set the brake and lean out to see what's going on and the truck is right where you left it without the movement of putting it in park. I also like that it turns itself off when you hit the gas. I find this particular feature to be well thought out. Now, the main brakes, that changing feel under changing load is annoying creeping down an obstacle.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not really wanting a "manual" hand brake (e.g. with a wire or hard link to the brake), just one with easy access and maybe more control. You could keep all the features of an electric parking brake but just add some sensitivity controller so you have a wider range of control when you pull the handle through say 90 degrees. At 10 degrees it puts on the brakes a little. At 90 degrees the brake is switched full-on.