Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On one hand we have OP wanting to ditch his spare, and on the opposite end, I am seriously considering buying a Milwaukee 18v 1/2" impact and sockets to keep in the car for the express purpose of changing tires. I've seen two guys at work with flats in the past 2 or 3 months.

To each his own.... I hate not being prepared and being at somebody else's mercy.
Man great minds.... I've literally had the thought pop in my head so many times this past week, of "oh I should get a badass impact to carry in the Bronco" lol. And apparently we have the same bad luck when it comes to tires lol.
Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have been very disappointed if it wouldn't had a spare on the back. In the 4Runner world they all want to move it from underneath to the tailgate. Hard to look like an overlander without the tire on the back. :ROFLMAO:

Omotose

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had a ’66 Bronco, ’76 Bronco, ‘80 CJ5, ‘85 CJ7, and an ‘08 4 door Rubicon. I have always had a spare on the back and never once used it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess there’s always the roof.

Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete 1595213643570

Last edited:

Deleted member 3063

I had a flat tire on my Cub Cadet this spring, slimed it. Other than that the last one was on my 1983 V6 Ranger. 4 of the original crap Firestones went flat on that truck over 18 months.
Sure I've had a few slow leaks, busted steel belts but never a blowout, never stranded. But then I maintain my vehicles and pay attention to them.
Look at all the photos of classic Broncos on the web and you'll be lucky to see 25% of them with rear spares. They just look better.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man great minds.... I've literally had the thought pop in my head so many times this past week, of "oh I should get a badass impact to carry in the Bronco" lol. And apparently we have the same bad luck when it comes to tires lol.
^^^^I don't know if I'm supposed to "like" this or "angry" face it...LOL

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure they will make one. I wonder his much better it will make the Bronco look ? Don't get new wrong.....it looks good on it.
You are compromising safety with the removal of the spare tire carrier along with the tire. The tire carrier holds the middle brake light along with the backup camera. Removing those is most likely a violation of your state’s motor vehicle code as these 2 items are required by Federal law.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

^^^^I don't know if I'm supposed to "like" this or "angry" face it...LOL
Check out the Milwaukee M12 impact; she will bust the nuts on my F150 easily. ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rest of my trash is 18v already, so ...you know.
That 18v 1/2" backed out the 7/8 bolts from my 69 Bronco's C-caps like nobody's business. As far as that goes, it disassembled the entire suspension on it. That thing is no joke!!!

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

You are compromising safety with the removal of the spare tire carrier along with the tire. The tire carrier holds the middle brake light along with the backup camera. Removing those is most likely a violation of your state’s motor vehicle code as these 2 items are required by Federal law.
And that's why I wouldn't do it unless it was a factory spare tire delete. Ford would have to deal with that if offered. Doubt if they will.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rest of my trash is 18v already, so ...you know.
That 18v 1/2" backed out the 7/8 bolts from my 69 Bronco's C-caps like nobody's business. As far as that goes, it disassembled the entire suspension on it. That thing is no joke!!!
This oughta do it! :ROFLMAO: ?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man I just got so damn excited when I checked Home Depot's app and saw an m12 impact on sale for $99 with a battery/charger kit included!!! It was the damn driver, not the wrench..... whomp whomp lol. But yeah I have some m18 stuff that I love and have heard good things about the m12. Might just be a little expensive for my needs for something solely to carry in the truck.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a carpenter I have dozens of M18 tool, everything from drills and driver's to the big tools like 12 inch miter saw, table saw, and chainsaw. It's amazing to have a completely cordless job site and everything in the M18 tool line kicks ass.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a carpenter I have dozens of M18 tool, everything from drills and driver's to the big tools like 12 inch miter saw, table saw, and chainsaw. It's amazing to have a completely cordless job site and everything in the M18 tool line kicks ass.
M12 also kicks butt ;) at least the Fuel stuff.
Sponsored