Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fusion amp is strictly for the sub, correct? Is all of the wiring and power already there in the dummy set up? Just plug and play?
I can't recall if the wire is there or not. There should be a "dummy enclosure" with a "dummy amp" installed in the passenger cargo side quarter panel. The speaker should drop right into the enclosure and the amp screw right onto the side.

Getting at the sub takes a bit more effort than getting at any of the other speakers, but it's not horrible. Even if you wanted to run new wire, it's only 2 more easy trim pieces you pull off (the plastic lower door trim) from what you would already do for the front kick panel.

Here's a video that was done by a forum member here, I think he did this very same thing, he's also doing all the speakers and an amp - so it would be a good watch.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-22-6-speaker-audio-upgrades.89182/#post-2165714
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2023 Wildtrack here, non B&O speakers.
I am a complete novice when it comes to upgrading/replacing speakers, and I am by no means an audiophile, but I know the stock speakers sound like crap!
After reading a ton of threads and watching a lot of YouTube, here are the pieces that I have ordered and my plan:

-Upgrading the rear 4" speakers to 6". I have orderd the Mabett Rear Speaker pods.
-Kicker KSC6704 6 3/4". I ordered two sets of these, one set for the rear speaker upgrade and one set for the kick panels.
-Kicker 47KSC404 4" to replace the two speakers in the dash.
-All appropriate wiring for plug and play

Will just replacing my speakers with the above mentioned products give me a better sound? I would like to keep this upgrade as simple as possible. I would like to avoid a new amp, and I would rather not go into Forscan and start reprograming everything. However, being a novice, I wanted to seek out the advice of more experienced people.

IMG_0260.png
I had to downgrade my WIldtrak from LUX to High in order to assure delivery before MY2024 and keep my price protection. I received the 6 speaker + Sub and had planned to switch out the speakers 1st, then upgrade to the Kicker AMP if I didn't like the sound.
After reading many of the blogs, I decided on the following and am very pleased with the sound. No reason for me to add an AMP:

Front Speakers - Kicker 46CSC674
Kick Panel - Memphis Audio MJP6 (Better Bass/deeper mid-Bass)
Rear Pods - Focal ACX 100’s (great rear-fill for 4" pods)
Add 300Hz Bass blockers to the front 4" Kicker speakers
Filled the every cavity with Kilmat sound deadening sheets

I Kept the factory Sub in place as the Memphis MJP6 + factory Sub provide enough bass for my taste. Cost to me approximately $450 and very happy with the sound!

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep in mind the dash and kick panel speakers are on the same channel- you can’t do any sort of optimization without an amp. I did a Musway 8 channel mounted under the seat- one for each of the 6 speakers in the cabin and mixed the two passive channels together to feed the sub amp I installed in the back. Kicker speakers all around. Sounds great, not a ton of dough, but definitely an involved install.

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Wildtrack here, non B&O speakers.
I am a complete novice when it comes to upgrading/replacing speakers, and I am by no means an audiophile, but I know the stock speakers sound like crap!
After reading a ton of threads and watching a lot of YouTube, here are the pieces that I have ordered and my plan:

-Upgrading the rear 4" speakers to 6". I have orderd the Mabett Rear Speaker pods.
-Kicker KSC6704 6 3/4". I ordered two sets of these, one set for the rear speaker upgrade and one set for the kick panels.
-Kicker 47KSC404 4" to replace the two speakers in the dash.
-All appropriate wiring for plug and play

Will just replacing my speakers with the above mentioned products give me a better sound? I would like to keep this upgrade as simple as possible. I would like to avoid a new amp, and I would rather not go into Forscan and start reprograming everything. However, being a novice, I wanted to seek out the advice of more experienced people.

IMG_0260.png
Hi Brian,

We offer a great solution for your rear pods that are plug and play. We offer a discount to 6G members, DM me for a discount code if you want to go this direction.

Bronco Rear Pods

Thanks!

mnhoops

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Black Diamond 2.3L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fusion amp is strictly for the sub, correct? Is all of the wiring and power already there in the dummy set up? Just plug and play?
Hey guys, a couple questions.

1. Did anyone verify if the fusion amp is plug & play on 23/24 broncos? I watched that dude's video and it doesn't answer this question as he had a '21 bronco w/o a sub.
2. I bought the 6.5" kickers from SSV and was gonna try to go with those, the fusion amp for the sub (hoping this is plug n play) & a kicker key 200.4 amp alongside all the factory speakers and see how it sounds. What do we think about this plan?
Sponsored