B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got an amazing deal on some of the Mabett 6.5 pods and a set of Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5 speakers.

Also bought a set of Kicker CS and a PRV midrange for the dash.

Gonna throw all that in my B&O with some sound deadening this weekend.

what are your thoughts on this combo?

how much sound improvement can I expect?

any installation tips?

thanks!
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Install is pretty straightforward. Hardest part is getting the dead pedal off the drivers side for the kick panel, if you are doing those.

There isn’t much to sound deaden other than the Mabett pods unless you are going way deeper than just what is necessary to replace the speaker.

Should sound a good deal better! Good luck

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Without an amp and forscan mods, it won't sound much different.

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just completed my installation of the Mabeth 6.5" pods with Infinity REF607F Reference Series 6.5" Extreme-Performance coaxial Speakers. This was with the premium Bang & Olufsen system. I added sound deadening material to the pods. During the installation I left one of the original 4" pods installed to compare with the new 6.5" coax speakers. I have to admit I wasn't really impressed overall. I stubbornly believed and wanted it to sound way better than the stock rear speakers. The stock 4" speakers gave a very neutral and balanced sound. My new speakers do that too but with a little more bass and a little more treble (which is what I suppose you would want in an upgrade). It's only been a day or so and I'm still experimenting with tone and balance settings.

I guess we haven't found a way to unlock the B&O amplifier settings for the rear channel????

edit: There is a lot more bass now coming from the rear of the cabin. For me it's almost too much, so I had to lower the bass setting. Someone else mentioned the sound is a little "muddy". That is a good term to describe it. I don't blame the speakers at all. I think it's the amplifier settings but no way to prove it short of replacing the amp. I don't want to give the impression it sounds bad. Overall it's still a very good premium sound system.

Ford Bronco Speaker Upgrade thoughts Infinity

Last edited:

jabrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this update with speakers I found on clearance from a local stereo store. 4 inch focal acx for the front and 6.5 Kenwood Excelons for the back with SSV pods. I didn't add any deadening to any of these area. I will if I ever have to take apart.

The sound is much improved, more full with the rears more engaged, but still very muddied. I think it is definitely worth the upgrade. I can now hear the music with windows down on highway, just still not the clarity "I" would like. My Front definitely needs base blockers, but not gonna bother as I plan to add a DSP amp and sub upgrade. Sub makes a funky pop at certain frequencies.

I think you made a nice pickup, and it may be enough for you. Enjoy!!

Sponsored

Pony Up

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with the nice Infinity speakers in the dash and the 6.5" in new pods in the rear. Much improved for a little investment $ and a few hours of work. Worth every dime. I don't need to blow anybody's hair back but the efficiency of the new Infinities makes the sound much better and I don't need amps to enjoy great classic rock.... more than acceptable, where the stock was lackluster at best. Much improved.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There isn’t enough airspace in pods to reinforce bass output even turning off high pass in Forscan. Kick panel speakers ruin sound stage unless you filter out midrange and highs. There will be some improvement just because of better speakers and an actual tweeter. Proper amp and DSP are really needed.
Sponsored