First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cool thing about Bronco is with coilovers from the factory aftermarket ones will be a piece of cake. 4WP seemed to fit those 37’s with just upper control arms in the front and probably just a basic rear lift and that should be enough for 99% of us. If you’re going above 40”+ tires and expect to run it hard you’re going to be doing a decent amount of fab work though...
Do the modular quarter panels not open the possibility of adding wheel clearance that way?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can guarantee as soon as companies can get their hands on a Bronco the R&D will begin. I say 90 days out there will be massive options out there, within 2 years the wrangler will be rivaled. For those that do not know the jeep wrangler is the most aftermarket supported vehicle out there.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do the modular quarter panels not open the possibility of adding wheel clearance that way?
It’ll add clearance but the problem with 40’s is purely strength related. From reading the JL forums the stock Rubicon axles do really well on 35’s and 37’s and can be run on 40’s but they get a bit iffy(Expect the Bronco to be similar in strength since it’s the same rear axle and front dif, just the IFS version). With how powerful the Bronco is and the fact it has an IFS front.... I’d personally stick to 37’s and keep it pretty bulletproof. If you’re going to 40’s you’re probably going to want to use some of those Ford performance parts at a minimum, axle shafts/5.38 gears etc. and even then I would be pretty careful in the rocks. Should do ok in the desert though! The problem with 40’s isn’t really at speed, it’s in 4-lo when you’ve got your tire bound up and you give it some cheddar.

Which also shows why Ford seems to be going for a KOH/Crazy desert runner build for the warthog rather than something that’s a bit more for crawling. Bronco’s strength will be at speed for sure.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m hoping so, I’d like to go with 35’s with no more lift
Sponsored