Spotted a new Hummer

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, they donā€™t have fenders and trim on these testers yet. Some of them now have the final headlights and other lenses on them. Iā€™m not sure what to make of the Hummer EV, itā€™s a very strange product. People say itā€™s huge... Itā€™s actually the exact same width as the new ā€˜21 Ford Raptor that Ford decided needed to be bigger for no good reason. Itā€™s the same height, too. And it has a shorter wheelbase than the Raptor. The 5 foot bed is quirky, but still functional for the intended use of this truck. Itā€™s an off-road beast and they have been running a small fleet of them around Moab and through Arizona. And yet, the thing weighs a beastly 9000lbs with the largest battery in it, so it has a max cargo limit of 1450lbs so that it stays under the 10,500lb GVWR limit.

Ford F-150 Lightning is a lot more practical, affordable and tasteful. Too bad the Lightning canā€™t be had with a 6.5ft bed and a 400+ mile battery. These Hummers are about 20% ā€œoh, thatā€™s pretty coolā€ and 80% ā€œWTF? Why?ā€ If I had $130K burning a hole in my pocket and guaranteed a spot to get an early Edition 1, Iā€™d probably get one because f**k it. ...The biggest reason I donā€™t like the Hummer EV is because itā€™s GMC. I try to not get suckered into brand loyalty stuff, but every GMC/Chevy vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned has been a piece of crap.