First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where that Carbonized Grey Badlands at??? Lemme see...assuming this is the group that was spotted on the semi?

Ford Bronco Spotted: Non-Sasquatch Black Diamonds testing 1604959176618
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh look, those are the new Broncos. Let me snap only one pic because I must not have space on my 256GB iPhone.
??‍♂
Right?! Lol. I would’ve driven my car to the side and up a tree to take pictures as they passed by.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a photo of some non-squatched Broncos testing. The photo was taken by avery_excavating. Apparently there were 8 Broncos total, not sure why only one pic was taken.?‍♂ Hopefully these will be spotted some more, and we get more pics. (These were in Williamsburg, Michigan apparently)

The front CO 2dr appears to be the same BD we saw in the thread linked below. The 2nd looks to be a 4dr rapid red BD. I’m assuming the 3rd is Badlands because of the lights. But they all have the standard flares, so no Sasquatch is seen in this pic. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-2-doors-compared.8425/

Ford Bronco Spotted: Non-Sasquatch Black Diamonds testing 1604959176618
So I have some more information on this. This was a group heading out for off road testing. It had one Badlands and 5 Black Diamonds. My buddy was driving the red Black Diamond with the Bull Bar and brought it by my house for me to (Finally) get some in person time with one. Here are a couple things I noted from the time he spent with me and the Bronco and driving me around.

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
2) You CAN remove the middle section from the roof with the roof rails still on. You have to remove the bolts from the back of the Roof Rails to slid it off though.
3) To remove the FRONT two sections of the roof with the roof rails you have to close the clamp to get them out, same for putting them back on.
4) There is no carpet in the cargo area for the Black Diamond.
5) This one had the 2.3 and with the Sport option it had a surprising amount of acceleration.
6) The Bronco feels like a "Truck" while driving, it's not a luxury vehicle.
7) The Blue Trim, and stitching in the seats, drove me up the wall with the red paint job.
8) The on board navigation looked pretty neat, I scrolled through the touch screen while he was driving. Several options, and he confirmed that the Sync worked amazingly well.
9) It appeared to me that all the extra space that the four door has is all in the storage area. There didn't look like there was a lot more space in the back seat area, but I won't know for sure until actually seeing a two door.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see what I can answer from memory. I talked to him on this and he indicated he'd try to bring one by again next week. I'll take pictures then.

OP
OP
codydb19

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have some more information on this. This was a group heading out for off road testing. It had one Badlands and 5 Black Diamonds. My buddy was driving the red Black Diamond with the Bull Bar and brought it by my house for me to (Finally) get some in person time with one. Here are a couple things I noted from the time he spent with me and the Bronco and driving me around.

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
2) You CAN remove the middle section from the roof with the roof rails still on. You have to remove the bolts from the back of the Roof Rails to slid it off though.
3) To remove the FRONT two sections of the roof with the roof rails you have to close the clamp to get them out, same for putting them back on.
5) This one had the 2.3 and with the Sport option it had a surprising amount of acceleration.
7) The Blue Trim, and stitching in the seats, drove me up the wall with the red paint job.
8) The on board navigation looked pretty neat, I scrolled through the touch screen while he was driving. Several options, and he confirmed that the Sync worked amazingly well.
9) It appeared to me that all the extra space that the four door has is all in the storage area. There didn't look like there was a lot more space in the back seat area, but I won't know for sure until actually seeing a two door.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see what I can answer from memory. I talked to him on this and he indicated he'd try to bring one by again next week. I'll take pictures then.
So the 265s looked good on the 4dr in your opinion? Not too small?

and you said no carpet in the cargo area, does that include the backs of the rear seat?

Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the 265s looked good on the 4dr in your opinion? Not too small?

and you said no carpet in the cargo area, does that include the backs of the rear seat?
265s looked just fine. I honestly thought they were bigger by look until I confirmed the 265 on them.

I don't "think" the back of the seat was carpeted, I think it was all MGV. The driver also believes the spray out interiors are all MGV for the seats. I'll confirm if I can though next time.

Witout

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gmc Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Any idea on removing the rear portion of the roof with the roof racks? I mean is it a project?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn....you must not be the target audience those teenage designers were shooting for. Are you by chance older than fifteen???

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a lot of us are looking for pictures of the BD in its non squatched state. I would also really like to know the following:

- what thing did you like most and what thing did you like least in the very short time you took the ride?
- how was the MGV?

Thanks for all of the information you already provided. This is narrowing my choice down a bunch!

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn....you must not be the target audience those teenage designers were shooting for. Are you by chance older than fifteen???
I agree it would look bad with the red, but I'm looking at A51 or IS and i think it would look great with either of those exterior colors.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any idea on removing the rear portion of the roof with the roof racks? I mean is it a project?
No, super easy. One bolt on each of the rear "legs" the front had a cover on it that we didn't remove. The painted body color inserts were in the glove box, so you will get them. Essentially you remove both the rear leg bolts, then you will need someone to help you lift the rack up a little bit and slide the middle section out from under it.

Now if you mean removing the rear cap itself that would be some more work. I think you could do it with the roof rack still attached and would still be less effort than removing the cap on my 96.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a lot of us are looking for pictures of the BD in its non squatched state. I would also really like to know the following:

- what thing did you like most and what thing did you like least in the very short time you took the ride?
- how was the MGV?

Thanks for all of the information you already provided. This is narrowing my choice down a bunch!
I liked the Sport mode, a lot, even with the 2.3. I personally think the Sport mode will get more use from me than the Baja mode on the Badlands, so I was super happy to feel it in action and pleased with the results. The least would be the rear seat section for the four door. It was small. I'm 6 foot 2 and I would have found it to be a little cramped. Not super bad, but it was a little cramped looking.

The MGV was soft and comfy, no issues at all with it. I didn't spray it down or anything though so I can't attest to how it handles a cleaning.
Sponsored