Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am leaning this way as well. Any idea what it would cost to have the BL shocks and springs installed afterwards? How much are you thinking that you will pay those shocks and springs?
Thinking this would be a nice compromise as I will not be doing a lot of off roading
I am budgeting $1000. - that number will settle down - I haven't checked Rubicans springs and Fox shocks lately, but they start to pile up and price goes down. The Bonus might be if standard Bronco shocks and springs have a good market with Ranger pick-ups. $500. to $1000. with local shop doing wrenching is reasonable - the early take-offs will be high, but people are going to be driving these things right to the lift shop waving money out the window. There will be a lot of "More Dollars than Sense" Broncos out there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where that Carbonized Grey Badlands at??? Lemme see...assuming this is the group that was spotted on the semi?
Part of the group. You know, a semi-group...

Yea, the door is right over there. I'll show myself out...

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6) The Bronco feels like a "Truck" while driving, it's not a luxury vehicle.
When you say that it drives like a truck, you mean it feels more like than F150 than an Explorer let’s say?

My F150 it feels the whole interior shakes with any bumps whereas my Explorer is definitely a smoother ride.

Just want to set the right expectations. It should definitely feel more like an F150 based on the chassis configuration.

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny, the more I see of the Black Diamond, I realize it's just about the only trim that I think looks fine not Squatched out...

Damn, this almost makes me want to just stick with my reserved Black Diamond now. If only the high package was an option for it.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you say that it drives like a truck, you mean it feels more like than F150 than an Explorer let’s say?

My F150 it feels the whole interior shakes with any bumps whereas my Explorer is definitely a smoother ride.

Just want to set the right expectations. It should definitely feel more like an F150 based on the chassis configuration.
It's not F150 bad, or my 96 Bronco bad, but I definitely felt more bumps than when riding in my Acadia.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question - how do the seats feel ? Not the texture, but is it like a Lazyboy or is it firm like a nice leather seat, like a sports car. That may be hard to explain. I have had a BMW, a Porsche, and a few Land Rovers. Each one had firm supportive seats. My wife has an Acura and it feels like I am sitting on a pillow. I don’t like the pillow like seats. They feel cheap to me and are uncomfortable after a whole driving.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not just directed to TFB, but when my family drives my F150 in 4WD in the winter, the front axle hop in tight parking lot turns gets to them. I am thinking about the advanced 4x4 system with automatic on-demand engagement. Would that option make an AWD function available to avoid the hop? I’d like not to spend the extra $$$ if it’s not a functional improvement for them. Thanks!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not just directed to TFB, but when my family drives my F150 in 4WD in the winter, the front axle hop in tight parking lot turns gets to them. I am thinking about the advanced 4x4 system with automatic on-demand engagement. Would that option make an AWD function available to avoid the hop? I’d like not to spend the extra $$$ if it’s not a functional improvement for them. Thanks!
In that situation, having the auto xfer case In 4A would avoid the hopping by the xfer case keeping the truck in 2H in that scenario since there probably wouldnt be enough slippage to cause the xfer case to switch to 4H.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was no front camera, the mid package does not have 360 camera, that comes at the high package. It would have though in my opinion as the bar goes right across the lettering. The only way it wouldn't is if the angle of the camera pointed down enough, and I'd have to see it to compare.
One big burning question that I and others have on these lower trim models is if a mid packaged BB/BD would have the led tail lights for the BLIS system. Do you remember which tails it had?

Last edited:

Deleted member 14617

I am leaning this way as well. Any idea what it would cost to have the BL shocks and springs installed afterwards? How much are you thinking that you will pay those shocks and springs?
Thinking this would be a nice compromise as I will not be doing a lot of off roading
You would be better off in the aftermarket, Maybe Icon.
Can somebody translate for me?

I'm taking this to mean you could put 35" tires on and (how much of?) a lift aftermarket, that would be structurally sound (wouldn't stress out other components with weird angles or forces) but not as good offroad (why?) for noticably less than $5K?

What else does the squatch do that you are not talking about doing aftermarket?

Thanks.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One big burning question that I and others have on these lower trim models is if a mid packaged BB/BD would have the led tail lights for the BLIS system. Do you remember which tails it had?
Sorry, I do not.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can somebody translate for me?

I'm taking this to mean you could put 35" tires on and (how much of?) a lift aftermarket, that would be structurally sound (wouldn't stress out other components with weird angles or forces) but not as good offroad (why?) for noticably less than $5K?

What else does the squatch do that you are not talking about doing aftermarket?

Thanks.
A 2" lift looks like it would fit 35's with proper bumpstops and shouldnt harm anything (First thought though is the cv angle). The issue is for crawling or high speed it can favor articulation and wheel travel over tire size. 37's may look cool but if you limit travel it can negate the benefits.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's funny, the more I see of the Black Diamond, I realize it's just about the only trim that I think looks fine not Squatched out...

Damn, this almost makes me want to just stick with my reserved Black Diamond now. If only the high package was an option for it.
This is the debate:

I want at least mid.

7MT or 2.7?
Mid or high? (not sure if I want the weight or the extra screen glare ... or is it worth the sound insulation, 360 cams, and 12" screen)
If 2.7, then Black Diamond or Badlands? (I don't really need a Badlands ...)
If Black Diamond then Squatch or upgraded transfer case, and lift / add tires later?

Of course if I go Black Diamond non-squatch will I eventually spend more money to get to an effective Badlands in the long run?
Sponsored