Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV was soft and comfy, no issues at all with it. I didn't spray it down or anything though so I can't attest to how it handles a cleaning.
did it feel like leather or close to it?
Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also I'm in my 40's, for the joke age question lol, and I'm not sure I'll get one with a soft top. He has limited choices, and I supplied him my list of ones / builds I'd like to see, and soft top wasn't one of them.

As for pictures I didn't take any as I wasn't sure his job would be alright with me doing so and sharing, and I was more concerned with answering my own questions and ensuring I'd get to see another Bronco again. I showed him the original posters picture for a laugh and he agreed I could spill the beans without him getting into trouble.

He confirmed I can snap pictures, so I'll get a bunch next time.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

did it feel like leather or close to it?
It did not feel like leather, more like a very soft canvass. I guess it could maybe considered like a super soft suede or soft type leather, certainly not like any of the thinker or heavier leathers. It was really comfy though.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It did not feel like leather, more like a very soft canvass. I guess it could maybe considered like a super soft suede or soft type leather, certainly not like any of the thinker or heavier leathers. It was really comfy though.
that sounds like heaven:love:. can't wait for more pics

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something I have been wondering for some time. Do you think the brush guard on that red Bronco is in the view of the front camera?

I mean it’s hiding the B R O N C O but maybe it’s high enough to be clear for front view camera (and attach to accessories (lights...))

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you do get pictures, that back cargo area would be nice to see. Hopefully the 4dr and 2dr get the same treatment back there. I'm also wondering how cheesy the stock rock rails will be.

I'm bummed the red exterior and blue trim bugged you. I kinda thought they would go together or at least not clash. Maybe my blue Yeti in the back will tie the room together. The dude abides.

Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something I have been wondering for some time. Do you think the brush guard on that red Bronco is in the view of the front camera?

I mean it’s hiding the B R O N C O but maybe it’s high enough to be clear for front view camera (and attach to accessories (lights...))
There was no front camera, the mid package does not have 360 camera, that comes at the high package. It would have though in my opinion as the bar goes right across the lettering. The only way it wouldn't is if the angle of the camera pointed down enough, and I'd have to see it to compare.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Loving the BD even more. Simple lights, simple black grill, a big plus. Glad to hear 265's look good; more skilled driving in rough stuff, more comfortable on road, big maintenance reliever.
I am a Convertible guy - someone offers a nice three layer sound and temperature insulator top insert for Jeep, would be same for Bronco for too cold or hot months - slight headache to remove and replace. I figure a modified straight bar (beefed-up light bar) to front windshield mounts, and a stand-up setting for rear hitch mount "bed-extender" will handle a canoe (maybe with a couple of 2X4 held with wing nuts to stabilize rear mount and to easily slide canoe from rear to front without touching top). Top would be up or down when loaded.
Very interested in rear of soft top - access when up, and photos with it down (The 1920's look of big pile in back).
Was in love with the steelies until I saw those simple black aluminum BD wheels - at $200. each it would be hard to duplicate in aftermarket. The SAS Lifters will all be selling the good Badlands take-off shocks and springs online. Check the upgrade transfer case and you are a little slower than SAS or Badlands off-road, and a lot faster on-road, don't forget that extra $5G in the Bank.

Last edited:

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have some more information on this. This was a group heading out for off road testing. It had one Badlands and 5 Black Diamonds. My buddy was driving the red Black Diamond with the Bull Bar and brought it by my house for me to (Finally) get some in person time with one. Here are a couple things I noted from the time he spent with me and the Bronco and driving me around.

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
2) You CAN remove the middle section from the roof with the roof rails still on. You have to remove the bolts from the back of the Roof Rails to slid it off though.
3) To remove the FRONT two sections of the roof with the roof rails you have to close the clamp to get them out, same for putting them back on.
4) There is no carpet in the cargo area for the Black Diamond.
5) This one had the 2.3 and with the Sport option it had a surprising amount of acceleration.
6) The Bronco feels like a "Truck" while driving, it's not a luxury vehicle.
7) The Blue Trim, and stitching in the seats, drove me up the wall with the red paint job.
8) The on board navigation looked pretty neat, I scrolled through the touch screen while he was driving. Several options, and he confirmed that the Sync worked amazingly well.
9) It appeared to me that all the extra space that the four door has is all in the storage area. There didn't look like there was a lot more space in the back seat area, but I won't know for sure until actually seeing a two door.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see what I can answer from memory. I talked to him on this and he indicated he'd try to bring one by again next week. I'll take pictures then.
Hi Chuck, Did you happen to notice how tall the seat was? Did you climb up, straight in or down?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
This is an important take away. The 33s and the 35s are obviously big but the 32s are solid tires too. Same as when I saw a Colorado ZR2. I checked the tires to see because they looked pretty burly...same size as the Black Diamond. 4Runners come stock with the same size.

They'll look smaller than the rest but they certainly won't look out of place.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Chuck, Did you happen to notice how tall the seat was? Did you climb up, straight in or down?
I sat in just fine, there was no feeling of "climbing" into a super tall vehicle with no need to use a step or anything, or "falling" into some little sports car. I didn't measure anything though.
Sponsored