First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loving the BD even more. Simple lights, simple black grill, a big plus. Glad to hear 265's look good; more skilled driving in rough stuff, more comfortable on road, big maintenance reliever.
I am a Convertible guy - someone offers a nice three layer sound and temperature insulator top insert for Jeep, would be same for Bronco for too cold or hot months - slight headache to remove and replace. I figure a modified straight bar (beefed-up light bar) to front windshield mounts, and a stand-up setting for rear hitch mount "bed-extender" will handle a canoe (maybe with a couple of 2X4 held with wing nuts to stabilize rear mount and to easily slide canoe from rear to front without touching top). Top would be up or down when loaded.
Very interested in rear of soft top - access when up, and photos with it down (The 1920's look of big pile in back).
Was in love with the steelies until I saw those simple black aluminum BD wheels - at $200. each it would be hard to duplicate in aftermarket. The SAS Lifters will all be selling the good Badlands take-off shocks and springs online. Check the upgrade transfer case and you are a little slower than SAS or Badlands off-road, and a lot faster on-road, don't forget that extra $5G in the Bank.
I am leaning this way as well. Any idea what it would cost to have the BL shocks and springs installed afterwards? How much are you thinking that you will pay those shocks and springs?
Thinking this would be a nice compromise as I will not be doing a lot of off roading

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am leaning this way as well. Any idea what it would cost to have the BL shocks and springs installed afterwards? How much are you thinking that you will pay those shocks and springs?
Thinking this would be a nice compromise as I will not be doing a lot of off roading
Currently, this is exactly my plan as well. If it isn't the BL springs/shocks, I'm sure someone will come out with a comparable kit from the aftermarket.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have some more information on this. This was a group heading out for off road testing. It had one Badlands and 5 Black Diamonds. My buddy was driving the red Black Diamond with the Bull Bar and brought it by my house for me to (Finally) get some in person time with one. Here are a couple things I noted from the time he spent with me and the Bronco and driving me around.

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
2) You CAN remove the middle section from the roof with the roof rails still on. You have to remove the bolts from the back of the Roof Rails to slid it off though.
3) To remove the FRONT two sections of the roof with the roof rails you have to close the clamp to get them out, same for putting them back on.
4) There is no carpet in the cargo area for the Black Diamond.
5) This one had the 2.3 and with the Sport option it had a surprising amount of acceleration.
6) The Bronco feels like a "Truck" while driving, it's not a luxury vehicle.
7) The Blue Trim, and stitching in the seats, drove me up the wall with the red paint job.
8) The on board navigation looked pretty neat, I scrolled through the touch screen while he was driving. Several options, and he confirmed that the Sync worked amazingly well.
9) It appeared to me that all the extra space that the four door has is all in the storage area. There didn't look like there was a lot more space in the back seat area, but I won't know for sure until actually seeing a two door.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see what I can answer from memory. I talked to him on this and he indicated he'd try to bring one by again next week. I'll take pictures then.
Do you remember if the interior color scheme on the seats and dash looked similar to what is shown on the Black Diamond B&P? Some of the trims don't match up very well to real life.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would be better off in the aftermarket, Maybe Icon.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would be better off in the aftermarket, Maybe Icon.
Overall, the icon stuff seems reasonable. I'm in the same boat. I don't think i need the weight of the heavier front axle, and locker along with the larger tires for the stuff I'll be doing. Having the 4.46 gears instead of the 4.70 would also be slightly better for the daily driver work the bronco will be doing.

Or...i change my mind before i order. Lol.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just like racing, the driver mod will also get you really far. This rig will be much more capable than i am for a long time.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think people would be very surprised what good traction management, locking tcase and a rear locker will get them out of. I have had good luck with ARB coils and bilstein 5125 series shocks on my jeeps.
Yup. The 265/70/17 black diamond will be a great rig. Hell it’s what the stock rubicon came with from 2007-2017, and we all know the rubicon is a very capable vehicle.

35’s are cool, but I’m mostly getting them so my friends don’t make fun of me. And honestly to avoid that completely I’ll need some 37”’s...

and also a Dana 60 but that’s beside the point

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. The 265/70/17 black diamond will be a great rig. Hell it’s what the stock rubicon came with from 2007-2017, and we all know the rubicon is a very capable vehicle.

35’s are cool, but I’m mostly getting them so my friends don’t make fun of me. And honestly to avoid that completely I’ll need some 37”’s...

and also a Dana 60 but that’s beside the point
1602606458594-gif.gif

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

compensation?

/s

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the 4dr would did you think 4dr wrangler but bulkier or a 4Runner but smaller?

So I have some more information on this. This was a group heading out for off road testing. It had one Badlands and 5 Black Diamonds. My buddy was driving the red Black Diamond with the Bull Bar and brought it by my house for me to (Finally) get some in person time with one. Here are a couple things I noted from the time he spent with me and the Bronco and driving me around.

1) The 265 A/T wheels on it were WAY more aggressive than I thought they would be.
2) You CAN remove the middle section from the roof with the roof rails still on. You have to remove the bolts from the back of the Roof Rails to slid it off though.
3) To remove the FRONT two sections of the roof with the roof rails you have to close the clamp to get them out, same for putting them back on.
4) There is no carpet in the cargo area for the Black Diamond.
5) This one had the 2.3 and with the Sport option it had a surprising amount of acceleration.
6) The Bronco feels like a "Truck" while driving, it's not a luxury vehicle.
7) The Blue Trim, and stitching in the seats, drove me up the wall with the red paint job.
8) The on board navigation looked pretty neat, I scrolled through the touch screen while he was driving. Several options, and he confirmed that the Sync worked amazingly well.
9) It appeared to me that all the extra space that the four door has is all in the storage area. There didn't look like there was a lot more space in the back seat area, but I won't know for sure until actually seeing a two door.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see what I can answer from memory. I talked to him on this and he indicated he'd try to bring one by again next week. I'll take pictures then.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you remember if the interior color scheme on the seats and dash looked similar to what is shown on the Black Diamond B&P? Some of the trims don't match up very well to real life.
Looked pretty much spot on Blue accents, blue stitching, two color MGV seats.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the 4dr would did you think 4dr wrangler but bulkier or a 4Runner but smaller?

Oooo that's a tough one. I've never owned a Wrangler or a 4Runner. I don't think I could give a factual answer on that. It felt big enough to me.
Sponsored