Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, it's really gonna piss some people off when I'm parked in my Squatched out OBX with optional everything, including roof rack with recovery gear in the Reserved space at the local Bed Bath & Beyond. :sneaky:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People also tend to forget that just because someone is buying a Base does not mean they can't afford more. A lot of people choose not to spend more.

More like leather seats, 12” screen, body colored fender flairs. I’m not downgrading luxuries from my Lariat. When I take the neurosurgeon golfing, I want to do it in style. I also want to be able to easily maneuver around my 1000 acres and get to all of my duck holes on the farm, Or cruise my timber, in the same vehicle.
Sounds like you've got it made there. I haven't fired my shotgun since I left Kansas.

Last edited:

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This property is my little slice of heaven. Four ponds, planted pines for quail, deer, turkey, and a 50 acre field that we plant for dove. Mill Creek serves as a boundary for the property and it is a flyway for our area and connects to several very large mill ponds. Typically just woodies and teal in South Ga, but we get mallards in cold snaps.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This property is my little slice of heaven. Four ponds, planted pines for quail, deer, turkey, and a 50 acre field that we plant for dove. Mill Creek serves as a boundary for the property and it is a flyway for our area and connects to several very large mill ponds. Typically just woodies and teal in South Ga, but we get mallards in cold snaps.
Now THAT's the life. Very nice, and happy for ya, man.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From the Jeep world, it really depends on what you want it for and how long you want to keep it. If you want to upgrade the tires over stock, I would always recommend a Rubicon. The axles are larger, gearing is lower, etc. You will have better results for less money than starting with a base model and building it up. And if you ever want to sell it, nobody will want your frankenbuild, but the Rubicon sticker allows you to get most or sometimes all of your money back out of it.

Lockers, 35's and a lift are a lot like a wench, you don't need them very often but when you do need them you are sure as hell glad that you bought them.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a personal side story - I was good friends with this guy who claimed to be in the roofing business in NYC despite never knowing what a hammer was. I always assumed he was connected. He went to "work" 3 days during the week, and the rest of his time he retreated to his home in the Poconos or headed down to his loft in Miami. The guy liked his toys and showed them off. He had a Dodge Viper that he didn't know how to drive the clutch. It was an utter embarrassment to watch him back out of the driveway scraping his undercarriage on the road (dip between his driveway and road) and then grind the gears as it lurched into gear only for him to go to the grocery store.
A buddy of mine bought a loaded Rubicon. Three years later, he's still never really taken that thing off-road, or even had a real world use for the 4:1 tcase, locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, etc.

I think he bought the Rubi because there was not enough adventure in his life, and driving the Rubi around, gives him the illusion of adventure. And in large part, that is what Jeep and Ford are selling - the idea of adventure (even if a buyer might not be capable of having a real adventure).

I drew the line when my buddy started talking about getting a winch. Winch?! What, to winch your Rubi over a curb!? That's why I call this expensive "play acting" for grownups, lol. Was a lot less costly as a kid - pretending with Hot Wheels! :)

Derek47

Wildtrak
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A buddy of mine bought a loaded Rubicon. Three years later, he's still never really taken that thing off-road, or even had a real world use for the 4:1 tcase, locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, etc.

I think he bought the Rubi because there was not enough adventure in his life, and driving the Rubi around, gives him the illusion of adventure. And in large part, that is what Jeep and Ford are selling - the idea of adventure (even if a buyer might not be capable of having a real adventure).

I drew the line when my buddy started talking about getting a winch. Winch?! What, to winch your Rubi over a curb!? That's why I call this expensive "play acting" for grownups, lol. Was a lot less costly as a kid - pretending with Hot Wheels! :)
Or he was enjoying himself and it's his life...

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm fortunate, no doubt. Hope I don't embarrass myself and show how big of a pansy I am by driving an OBX. /s
As long as it's Squatched out, you are forgiven my child.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like they always say, toys for us boys don't change in appearance, they just increase in size and price. I remember bringing my Hot Wheels trucks to recess with all the other guys and we would dig our own offroad trails in the dirt for our trucks to play on. We weren't really driving, but dang did we have a good time. If this Bronco inspires that kind of joy and happiness again just like our childhood recess memories, I think that's a good thing.

Last edited:

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have over 500 HP on my Camaro and the 1LE track package...why? Am I hitting the track? nope Do I need the extra horses to merge into traffic ? nope
Its cool (Sounds great!)
Its fun (I do get to "race" a little on the highway :rolleyes:)
Enjoy life and never grow up...
Sponsored