Sponsored

Steering gear broken, Ford says no replacement parts yet?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently I have a broken steering gear. Dealer service dept is saying that Ford doesn’t have a replacement part(s) made yet. does that make sense, lol?
This comes after also told that the special order driveshaft being replaced under recall arrived without the hardware to install it.
Happy that they provided me with a loaner Escape but have a feeling I’ll be in it for a while 😏.
the steering gear broke while backing into the garage. True story.
bummed. Concerned. Love this vehicle but for the first time ever I’m thinking of selling it.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The steering gear broke while backing into the garage. True story.
Did you notice anything strange before that or was it just instantly gone?

OP
OP
Cbiggs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you notice anything strange before that or was it just instantly gone?
It sounded like I had a flat tire. I assumed that the front diff cover broke and there was build up in the driveshaft from what I was reading, and knew that it was being replaced under the recall. I made it to the dealer 10 miles down the road without incident but it felt like the power steering was going….makes sense now I guess, but to answer your question I think it was immediate, didn’t notice anything unusual before that and had it out for an hour or so without issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apparently I have a broken steering gear. Dealer service dept is saying that Ford doesn’t have a replacement part(s) made yet. does that make sense, lol?
This comes after also told that the special order driveshaft being replaced under recall arrived without the hardware to install it.
Happy that they provided me with a loaner Escape but have a feeling I’ll be in it for a while 😏.
the steering gear broke while backing into the garage. True story.
bummed. Concerned. Love this vehicle but for the first time ever I’m thinking of selling it.
The parts are probably on backorder. Very common with most things at this time.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Have them order you a Hoss 3.0 and pay the difference.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Going on two weeks at the dealer waiting for a TCU. I feel your pain. I didn’t get a loaner though.

OP
OP
Cbiggs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an update y’all….3 full weeks now at the dealer. Hadn’t heard anything so I stopped by the dealer today and the service dude thats been handling it was off. The service manager couldn’t see any change in status so I have no idea if the part shipped yet or not.
just want to reiterate how thankful I am to have a loaner and don’t put any of this on the dealer…..BUT for FORD, lol I have some very negative thoughts. This is ridiculous, @Ford Motor Company 🤬.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an update y’all….3 full weeks now at the dealer. Hadn’t heard anything so I stopped by the dealer today and the service dude thats been handling it was off. The service manager couldn’t see any change in status so I have no idea if the part shipped yet or not.
just want to reiterate how thankful I am to have a loaner and don’t put any of this on the dealer…..BUT for FORD, lol I have some very negative thoughts. This is ridiculous, @Ford Motor Company 🤬.
Warranty should be extended for time without use of the vehicle. Or that might be Fords plan. Burn up warranty time while not in use/wait for parts. Less chance for repeat failures and lemon law.

OP
OP
Cbiggs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to report that my ride is back with the new steering gear. Ford has provided me with a 3 year/45,000 mile extended ESP for which I am grateful.
Huge thanks to Garnet Ford for the loaner Escape, excellent communication, and general pleasant and professional nature throughout.
Giant shout out to @flip for explaining things that I didn’t understand about how the system worked and sharing his insight.
Sponsored