Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up my Bronco (badlands Sasquatched) late last week. Had it on the interstate for the first time yesterday and noticed some decent vibrations in the car and the steering wheeling having some shaking back and forth. This started around 55 mph and got a little better at 65+ but was still noticable. Even felt my pant leg was vibrating around rubbing up against my leg. My old truck never had 35s or M/T tires. Felt like a balancing issue. Is this normal for this size/type tire or should it be riding pretty smooth on a flat surface? Wondering if I should take it in to the dealer for them to check on.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It should be very smooth. Have the dealership look at it.

I swapped out my Goodyear Wranglers for Falken Wildpeaks and they are smooth on the highway too.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure it wasn’t the lane safety device kicking in as you occasionally crossed over a lane marker?

Deleted member 32220

Drive it. It is likely flat spots on the tires from sitting god knows where for how long. They go away in 10-20 miles or so

OP
OP

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive it. It is likely flat spots on the tires from sitting god knows where for how long. They go away in 10-20 miles or so
Thanks guys.

I had about 90 miles on it so far. It did sit about 3 weeks though from build to delivery. I just took it out on the highway again to get up to 80. Seems to be smoother feeling at 70-80 than 50-60. It felt better than yesterday so maybe the tires did have a flat spot that is working itself out. Our interstates suck for road quality which makes it tougher to tell, trying to find something that is a bit fresher paved. Still riding with more of a rough feeling than my 16 year old truck which was body on frame.

I noticed it was at 46 psi leaving the dealership. Aired down to 39 when I got it back home. After the vibrations/wheel shake I aired down to 36. I feel like that helped a tad.

Also checked the lane assist/alert vibration and made sure I was in the dead center of the lane so the bronco would read as green.

Dealership forgot to give me something so I'm going by to pick it up Friday. I'll talk to them about it then and see if they have a road force balancer they can put it through. When I did the bronco off road test drive thing, it seemed to ride smoother on the pavement but since that was mainly off-road I was never at a very high speed.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got 35” Ko2s and Sasquatch suspension installed on my Non Sas badlands balanced, alignment, etc. and I have pretty bad shaking, vibration in steering wheel, seat and floor on highway @ 75mph +. Not having had lifted 4x4s before, I figured this is normal but now I’m thinking to have the shop check and maybe rebalance tires. I have them @ 38-39 psi.

could the actual suspension be causing it or this would strictly be a tire balance thing?

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. I noticed a shudder under heavy load on takeoff in addition to the vibrations at speed. I hope it's just the tires and not the Driveshaft out of balance.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just picked up my Bronco (badlands Sasquatched) late last week. Had it on the interstate for the first time yesterday and noticed some decent vibrations in the car and the steering wheeling having some shaking back and forth. This started around 55 mph and got a little better at 65+ but was still noticable. Even felt my pant leg was vibrating around rubbing up against my leg. My old truck never had 35s or M/T tires. Felt like a balancing issue. Is this normal for this size/type tire or should it be riding pretty smooth on a flat surface? Wondering if I should take it in to the dealer for them to check on.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got 35” Ko2s and Sasquatch suspension installed on my Non Sas badlands balanced, alignment, etc. and I have pretty bad shaking, vibration in steering wheel, seat and floor on highway @ 75mph +. Not having had lifted 4x4s before, I figured this is normal but now I’m thinking to have the shop check and maybe rebalance tires. I have them @ 38-39 psi.

could the actual suspension be causing it or this would strictly be a tire balance thing?
If the shop just balanced them, it’s not that. Did they give you an alignment printout? Also may want to check the lug nuts, especially if you got new rims and they’re lug centric now.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately the OEM Goodyears are kind of trash I’ve had mine rebalanced 4 times in 2900 miles.

Sponsored

MateriaTattoo

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I’m having similar issues. I have a 21 Black Diamond. I had the wheels swapped with KMC724’s. Above 70 I get odd random shaking/vibrations. I’ve had the dealership look at it 3 times already. They can’t find any issues and seems to blame the tires, shape of the vehicle etc. had it balanced twice with about 12k miles on it.
Feel like I need a second opinion.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I’m having similar issues. I have a 21 Black Diamond. I had the wheels swapped with KMC724’s. Above 70 I get odd random shaking/vibrations. I’ve had the dealership look at it 3 times already. They can’t find any issues and seems to blame the tires, shape of the vehicle etc. had it balanced twice with about 12k miles on it.
Feel like I need a second opinion.
Did you resolve? I added hubcentric rings and still having same issue. Once I get above 70 -80 on highway I will get random shaking, shuddering. It’s not severe but enough that I want it fixed. I made an appointment at a place with a Hunter road force balancer to get the tires rebalanced and check for defect. Will report back.

here’s a vid of the shake

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this is why I dont wanna mess with my stock set up. My non SAS BL is smooth as silk at any speed. I hardly ever have my hands on the wheel lol

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks guys.

I had about 90 miles on it so far. It did sit about 3 weeks though from build to delivery. I just took it out on the highway again to get up to 80. Seems to be smoother feeling at 70-80 than 50-60. It felt better than yesterday so maybe the tires did have a flat spot that is working itself out. Our interstates suck for road quality which makes it tougher to tell, trying to find something that is a bit fresher paved. Still riding with more of a rough feeling than my 16 year old truck which was body on frame.

I noticed it was at 46 psi leaving the dealership. Aired down to 39 when I got it back home. After the vibrations/wheel shake I aired down to 36. I feel like that helped a tad.

Also checked the lane assist/alert vibration and made sure I was in the dead center of the lane so the bronco would read as green.

Dealership forgot to give me something so I'm going by to pick it up Friday. I'll talk to them about it then and see if they have a road force balancer they can put it through. When I did the bronco off road test drive thing, it seemed to ride smoother on the pavement but since that was mainly off-road I was never at a very high speed.
I am going to chalk it up to roads. My ranger feels like a damn tin can when I get it up around 75-80 on some of these less upkept stretches of highway GDOT has blessed us with.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took mine for Hunter Road Force balance and shop could NOT get the K02s to balance. Guy said the tires are defective I’m assuming this is my vibration issue. I’ve read that it’s a frequent issue. Shop is a Tire Rack recommended installer so I’m going to try and get an exchange from tire rack for a different tire.
Sponsored