Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All good dude. Appreciate the effort!
Good Morning. Sheet is up to date and sorted by reservation date. Lots of first dayers so an actual "time stamp would have probably been more useful....but at least this gives us a general idea. There is also a handful of folks who said they were going to stitch but hadnt yet...I left them off the list for now. Hopefully they will stop back once they actually do switch.

On a side note, I spoke to John via email last week and raised my concerns of possibly being pushed into MY22 due to my later date and my switch to Stephen's. His response was: "We are not worried, and later reservations may turn out to be in even better positions, because we'll have sold even more prior to your build. A LOT of variables involved, not just cut-and-dry formula. Each element of the formula has multiple angles."

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good Morning. Sheet is up to date and sorted by reservation date. Lots of first dayers so an actual "time stamp would have probably been more useful....but at least this gives us a general idea. There is also a handful of folks who said they were going to stitch but hadnt yet...I left them off the list for now. Hopefully they will stop back once they actually do switch.

On a side note, I spoke to John via email last week and raised my concerns of possibly being pushed into MY22 due to my later date and my switch to Stephen's. His response was: "We are not worried, and later reservations may turn out to be in even better positions, because we'll have sold even more prior to your build. A LOT of variables involved, not just cut-and-dry formula. Each element of the formula has multiple angles."
Thanks man. This is really helpful. Does give us a general idea. So thanks for the effort!

As you probably saw with my earlier posts, I wasn't concerned either. But it seems a bunch of people think that dealer allocation may be a problem? My reservation date is actually within the first 3 days (7/16). So I wasn't worried at first. And this spreadsheet helps me see how many are in front of me if I were to switch to Stephen's. I don't see my local dealer having as many reservations, and certainly not that many within the first few days. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

I don't work or have any experience in manufacturing or distribution... but I would think it'd be easier to ship a bunch of cars that are all time stamped on the first day, then say if I stick with my local dealer that maybe only has a few first few days and is more spread out. I'd like to think Ford would rather 'bulk' ship then send a few at a time. If that makes sense. But what do I know. ?‍♂

Also, this dealer allocation thing people are raising has me concerned. But I would think that shouldn't matter. Ford stated you'd get your car based on timestamp. So why does allocation matter? I think it'd be pretty f'd up if Ford said to a dealer you're only getting 50 cars, and my timestamp at that dealer makes me car 51, but within the first few days, so I don't get my car till 2022? And someone else with a, say timestamp of august at a different dealer, gets their car before me? That doesn't seem right. But also maybe Ford didn't account for dealers that would be out there making these kinda deals.

Sorry, I'm just kinda typing out loud here...

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BIG BEND
Date-stamp = 7/14
Date-switched = 10/21

I ask customer service about allocation she put me on hold and a few min. later said not to worry since it is being ordered. so I need to call Stephens to give them my CC and will received 7 to 8 days refund from the other dealer according to her. so excited so thank you Bronco6g.com for saving me some $$

OP
OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks man. This is really helpful. Does give us a general idea. So thanks for the effort!

As you probably saw with my earlier posts, I wasn't concerned either. But it seems a bunch of people think that dealer allocation may be a problem? My reservation date is actually within the first 3 days (7/16). So I wasn't worried at first. And this spreadsheet helps me see how many are in front of me if I were to switch to Stephen's. I don't see my local dealer having as many reservations, and certainly not that many within the first few days. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

I don't work or have any experience in manufacturing or distribution... but I would think it'd be easier to ship a bunch of cars that are all time stamped on the first day, then say if I stick with my local dealer that maybe only has a few first few days and is more spread out. I'd like to think Ford would rather 'bulk' ship then send a few at a time. If that makes sense. But what do I know. ?‍♂

Also, this dealer allocation thing people are raising has me concerned. But I would think that shouldn't matter. Ford stated you'd get your car based on timestamp. So why does allocation matter? I think it'd be pretty f'd up if Ford said to a dealer you're only getting 50 cars, and my timestamp at that dealer makes me car 51, but within the first few days, so I don't get my car till 2022? And someone else with a, say timestamp of august at a different dealer, gets their car before me? That doesn't seem right. But also maybe Ford didn't account for dealers that would be out there making these kinda deals.

Sorry, I'm just kinda typing out loud here...
It's my understanding that ford builds them based first on trim level (highest levels first) until parts begin to run out. So for example they may decide to build wildtrak, lux first. And let's say they have issues with sasquatch parts they would the. Switch to Bandlands Lux. Then maybe to Badlands high...etc. They would continue this process all the while keeping reservation dates in mind while "stacking" what they build at the plant until they get the quantities they need to ship based on allocations and regions.

So...as an example...if production begins in March as planned and first delivery is expected to be sometime in june, ford will first figure out how many vehicles they can produce in that time period (let's say its 10,000)

Then they will look at the reservation time stamp and the dealers particular allocation. From there they will produce the 10,000 vehicles, sort them based on region and dealership and ship all 10,000 vehicles at once. Then continue to do the same with the second allotment.

So based on my understanding, there will be bulk shipments. The first one will be based off of 3 months production with a shipment in June. The subsequent shipments (in my opinion) will be shipped in bulk at a time when ford feels they have a large enough supply to ship them all at once.

Long story short...2 day one orders that are date stamped back to back could be delivered months apart based on trim level, parts availability, dealer allocation and dealer location.

At least that's my understanding...but WTF do I know. ?

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's my understanding that ford builds them based first on trim level (highest levels first) until parts begin to run out. So for example they may decide to build wildtrak, lux first. And let's say they have issues with sasquatch parts they would the. Switch to Bandlands Lux. Then maybe to Badlands high...etc. They would continue this process all the while keeping reservation dates in mind while "stacking" what they build at the plant until they get the quantities they need to ship based on allocations and regions.

So...as an example...if production begins in March as planned and first delivery is expected to be sometime in june, ford will first figure out how many vehicles they can produce in that time period (let's say its 10,000)

Then they will look at the reservation time stamp and the dealers particular allocation. From there they will produce the 10,000 vehicles, sort them based on region and dealership and ship all 10,000 vehicles at once. Then continue to do the same with the second allotment.

So based on my understanding, there will be bulk shipments. The first one will be based off of 3 months production with a shipment in June. The subsequent shipments (in my opinion) will be shipped in bulk at a time when ford feels they have a large enough supply to ship them all at once.

Long story short...2 day one orders that are date stamped back to back could be delivered months apart based on trim level, parts availability, dealer allocation and dealer location.

At least that's my understanding...but WTF do I know. ?
so it's a crapshoot. got it. :ROFLMAO:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are from upstate New York the dealer I am going thru said via email yesterday that they will match the Stephens deal. DePaula Ford-Mazda in Albany...
it might be too little too late now. Because of the mysteries of allocation. At this point, we need proof we have a better chance to get our vehicle (while still matching the deal) to switch.

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not worrying I believe in Stephens and Granger Ford to Deliver even if its 1 to 3 months later. its worth it saving 2 to 3 thousand dollars toward the option or accessories or cash in your pocket. also 7/14 time stamped.
I think the gloom and doom comments are coming from disgruntled dealers who see their reservations dwindling. just a guest since we should be celebrating the BRONCO

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not worrying I believe in Stephens and Granger Ford to Deliver even if its 1 to 3 months later. its worth it saving 2 to 3 thousand dollars toward the option or accessories or cash in your pocket. also 7/14 time stamped.
7/14 and you’re good no matter what. I’m getting worried at 7/17 and Ford moving the goal posts again and again, that I may not even get a 2021...or a 2022 before they build dealer stock.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are from upstate New York the dealer I am going thru said via email yesterday that they will match the Stephens deal. DePaula Ford-Mazda in Albany...
Do you have a contact name and number at DePaula Ford in Albany that will confirm in writing that they will match the Stephens deal?
Sponsored