First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone I’m the new guy. 3 years later I finally got my stock badlands and I want to run 37s. I live in FL so not much rock crawling here. I ordered Fuel Covert Wheels 17x8.5 with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5R17s. Will a 3 in Ready lift kit work with no rubbing? I don’t know much about this stuff and I have read about perch collars and crash bars and just need some advise before I pay my shop to do a lot of work. I also ordered the JCR tailgate reinforcement but do I need it? Any help or advise here would be much appreciated. Oh and BTW I saw the video with the T&C guy and this isn’t a thread for that. Just want some strait advise from people running 37s that aren’t doing a ton of off roading or peps that are driving mostly on the beach 🤙🏼.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3" of lift will be enough with some trimming. Also depends on how level your vehicle sits.. I have to run about .35" more lift on the passenger side to level it out. Use coil overs and avoid perch collar lifts unless your budget just won't allow it.

You'll likely need new upper control arms in order to bring the vehicle back into alignment.. I know this to be true with coil overs, not sure on the other forms of lift but I assume they all need it.

I recommend the JKS max clearance kit or something similar to clear out the front wheel wells. The crash bar mounts are just too in the way otherwise.

You'll still rub on the rock sliders and need to trim them by the front tires. About 1-1.5" off each side..

You'll need to adjust your bump stops to prevent body panel damage with 37s. Get this right or else you're likely to dent your front fenders (metal part, not the fender flares) going over the first large bump. Each shock company does this differently - with Icon, I just 3d printed custom spacers to dial it in for max flex.

You'll need to trim the rear wheel well liner a bit. They'll rub quite a lot.

I would run the tailgate reinforcement as you're pretty close to max weight with a 37" on the tailgate.

Every Bronco is a bit different so you may have more or less trimming compared to the next guy. Some people here swear their Bronco fit 37s with virtually no work done other than a small perch collar lift. Wheel offset plays a large part in this as well.

I've been wheeling with 37s for awhile now... The TC Customs guy has a pretty Bronco but not really the most functional unless he's solved all the rubbing. It was pretty bad in the last video I saw but its been a while. The problem is that the rubbing damages tires, body panels and can cause a lot of issues if not addressed.

Fitting 37s is easy.. doing it correctly takes a bit more time and effort. I wouldn't rely on a shop to do it all unless you want to pay an obscene amount of money for them to do so as it requires some trial and error. Put the lift and tires on, get an alignment, go drive it and see what rubs. Do that as many times as it takes until you solve all the little issues and it rides like factory again.

Ford Bronco Stock Badlands lift advise for 37s photo_2022-11-28_18-14-05

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run 37's as in my sig I have a Fabtech /w Dirt Logic. Its a 4' lift as my Badlands was a non SAS.
As the above poster said, doing it right is the key when running on 37's. My Fabtechs are coilovers, and not perches. The ride is really good, and the suspension is very capable.

You will need the tailgate reinforce kit. I run a rear tire delete for now, I have Cooper Discover STT Pro's and I am not worried about getting a flat.

Ford Bronco Stock Badlands lift advise for 37s 1687402934112

OP
OP
Cksurfer

Cksurfer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this is some great advice. I am just surprised this thread hasn’t gotten more attraction. Especially with more of
These 2 doors finally coming out this year. I was told I had to remove the SAS option and Lux pkg if I wanted to receive my bronco order from 2021. I am sure
There will be more people wanting to Run 37s as they are the new 35s, however it sounds like there is a method to the madness, beyond just making something fit. I was doing some research on coil over kits and it seems like that is the best option. However there is no $2500 range….they just start at $4500 and go up. Not looking for the cheap way out, more like fulfilling my needs within reason.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every Bronco is a bit different so you may have more or less trimming compared to the next guy. Some people here swear their Bronco fit 37s with virtually no work done other than a small perch collar lift. Wheel offset plays a large part in this as well.
^^^This ^^^ Wheel offset, tire width and actual tire height will have affect. I'm running 37 x 11.50s on +12mm wheels w/ Eibach stage 2.0 coil overs and only had to go up 2" to comfortably fit them. I easily clear the rock rails and have no rubbing issues on the rear however on the front I'm very close to rubbing the front crash bar mounting points at full lock/stuff.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^^This ^^^ Wheel offset, tire width and actual tire height will have affect. I'm running 37 x 11.50s on +12mm wheels w/ Eibach stage 2.0 coil overs and only had to go up 2" to comfortably fit them. I easily clear the rock rails and have no rubbing issues on the rear however on the front I'm very close to rubbing the front crash bar mounting points at full lock/stuff.
Have any pictures? 37 x 11.5 sounds like a good size.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any pictures? 37 x 11.5 sounds like a good size.
Nitto Recon Grapplers. I'm still in the process of final tweaks on the coil overs...I'm from the camp of only going as high as needed, I had to back off the coil overs to get where I want to be.

With 37s.jpg

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this is some great advice. I am just surprised this thread hasn’t gotten more attraction. Especially with more of
These 2 doors finally coming out this year. I was told I had to remove the SAS option and Lux pkg if I wanted to receive my bronco order from 2021. I am sure
There will be more people wanting to Run 37s as they are the new 35s, however it sounds like there is a method to the madness, beyond just making something fit. I was doing some research on coil over kits and it seems like that is the best option. However there is no $2500 range….they just start at $4500 and go up. Not looking for the cheap way out, more like fulfilling my needs within reason.
As it has been said in the off-road community, pay a lot up front and not worry, or pay a little and worry about paying a lot later! A good coilover lift is about that 4500$ range for sure, but it will be done right the 1st time, and you can go and enjoy your rig your way.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nitto Recon Grapplers. I'm still in the process of final tweaks on the coil overs...I'm from the camp of only going as high as needed, I had to back off the coil overs to get where I want to be.

Ford Bronco Stock Badlands lift advise for 37s With 37s
Awesome -- looks great. Thanks!
Sponsored