Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, for anyone looking for another avenue to stay informed, I’ve started following a guy Keith Bartlett who’s a former pro-options trader. @floorbroker

He’s building a community of investors/traders and is a knowledgeable guy.
His Discord channel is where the community chats/live videos are and where he goes over different trades, charts, market data etc.
He has a subscription service for about 9.00 a month, but this keeps out the trolls and essentially covers he backend expenses.
He also offers free 1 day trials, to see if you like it.
Goes live on Discord 3 times a day, before market open, before market on close, and at 7pm Eastern.
Tik Toks are samples, but see below if you want. About all the info I need from this guy.

TikTok
https://www.tiktok.com/@floorbroker?_t=8ersrsHQzsz&_r=1

Discord Channel:
https://discord.gg/eKNvQhnVYb
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep it simple.
I'll use Vanguard as an example, but other brokers such as Fidelity, Schwabb, etc are similar.
60% in broad stock market etf, VTI
40% in bonds, BND.
If you're younger, you can accept more risk and put more in stocks vs bonds.

The most important thing is to save as much as possible when you're younger.... put it in your 401k and let it grow for a few decades. You'll typically double your money every 10 years.

You can try to beat the market, but it's not easy.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exxon Mobil stock was 49.53 on Jan 20, 2021. Now it is 106.34.

Jason

alicestevens

Raptor
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would really like to start investing but have absolutely no clue where to start.
Anyone has recommendations for me? I just read more information about goodleap customer service and curious if there is a point to involve financial institution into this matter. Will it help?

Last edited:

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would really like to start investing but have absolutely no clue where to start.
Anyone has recommendations for me?
Open up a brokerage and Roth Ira ( if your income is below federal limits) accounts and buy S&P 500 etf (voo, spy. Etc). It can even be 5$ a day if you want. You will also want to setup the account to reinvest dividends.

Time in the market is better than timing the market.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone has recommendations for me?
Hi Alice. Having a % taken from your paycheck to put into a 401k is a great start. Those regular investments will really add up over time.
A standard IRA will take $$ from your paycheck before it gets taxed. You will get taxed on it after you retire and take the money out. A Roth IRA will tax the $$ immediately and then put it into your 401k... and you won't get taxed on it again.
What is best for you depends on a lot of factors... your age, how much you make, your tax bracket, etc, etc.
A great no-nonsense website is at
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

John Bogle is the guy that started Vanguard, one of the largest investment firms in the US. He passed away a few years ago but his philosophy lives on.

A financial advisor is another option. But they may be more interested in making money off of you rather than making money for you.
Sponsored