Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought a few hundred shares when the pandemic hit. Figured it could help with X-plan pricing... well that's out the window but I've made over $1k in earnings. Wish I put more in!
Lets just hope they start paying dividends again. They were paying about $0.07 a share last time it was ~$10
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought a few hundred shares when the pandemic hit. Figured it could help with X-plan pricing... well that's out the window but I've made over $1k in earnings. Wish I put more in!
When the market crashed last spring, I bought 2,200 shares of F at $5.80 a share. As of today the share price has doubled and I'm at 13K gain. My GM and Chrysler stock price has doubled as well. I never bought stocks until this year - total noob. We could have thrown darts at a board to buy stocks and had made money after the crash. Kicking myself for not buying more.

OP
OP
broncoSJ

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the market crashed last spring, I bought 2,200 shares of F at $5.80 a share. As of today the share price has doubled and I'm at 13K gain. My GM and Chrysler stock price has doubled as well. I never bought stocks until this year - total noob. We could have thrown darts at a board to buy stocks and had made money after the crash. Kicking myself for not buying more.
i hestitated on buying Party City stock in February when it was $0.27. I was going to drop $5k on it. I didn't. Since then, it has increased 2,500%. Missed out on $120k in gains. Oh well. Who would have thought - PARTY CITY!! they sell ballons and hats!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i hestitated on buying Party City stock in February when it was $0.27. I was going to drop $5k on it. I didn't. Since then, it has increased 2,500%. Missed out on $120k in gains. Oh well. Who would have thought - PARTY CITY!! they sell ballons and hats!!
Last March I bought one share of Tesla when it dropped to the $400 range. Mainly for fun because my son wanted it, and I thought it might interest him in following investing. Well it doubled to $800, and my wife kept hassling me about selling, saying I didn't make any real money until selling. So finally I listened to her and sold it. Dang if that Tesla did not shoot up afterward, and now I think is 5x the value! :( I learned a valuable lesson. Never, ever, EVER listen to investment advice from my wife, lol.

OP
OP
broncoSJ

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last March I bought one share of Tesla when it dropped to the $400 range. Mainly for fun because my son wanted it, and I thought it might interest him in following investing. Well it doubled to $800, and my wife kept hassling me about selling, saying I didn't make any real money until selling. So finally I listened to her and sold it. Dang if that Tesla did not shoot up afterward, and now I think is 5x the value! :( I learned a valuable lesson. Never, ever, EVER listen to investment advice from my wife, lol.
ANd never listen to investment advice from me. Every time I sell, the stock goes up. I have two shares of Tesla that have doubled.. I am holding them!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Motor Earnings Are Coming. What You Need to Know. -- Barrons.com

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 5:57 PM ET 02/03/2021

Investors should ready themselves for an important update from Ford Motor (F) on Thursday: fourth-quarter earnings. It's a chance for the company to lay out expectations for the year ahead -- after Covid-19 made for a difficult 2020. It's also an opportunity for new CEO Jim Farley to lay out his longer term vision for Ford.

Here's what to expect when Ford reports numbers, after the close of trading, along with some recent history.

-- Options markets imply about a 9% to 10% move, up or down, in Ford stock after earnings are released. That's a larger move than the past few quarters when Ford stock moved about 4%, up or down, on average.

-- Wall Street expects a loss of 7 cents per share from $36.8 billion in sales. In 2019, fourth-quarter sales registered at $39.7 billion and earnings were 12 cents a share.

-- In the third quarter, Ford beat earnings expectations and the stock rose 2.6% after reporting numbers. A recovery in auto sales around the globe helped boost results.

-- Beyond earnings, investors will expect guidance for the coming year from management. Currently, Wall Street projects 2021 earnings of $1.07 a share from $151.4 billion in sales. That sales projection falls short of sales registered in 2018 and 2019, before the pandemic. That earnings projection, meanwhile, also falls short of the roughly $1.50 per share earnings Ford has reported on average for the past few years -- before the pandemic.

-- At the start of 2020, before Covid, Ford guided analysts and investors to about $1.07 in per-share 2020 earnings. Ford withdrew guidance in March, just like many other companies did.

-- For all of 2020, Ford should report just about break-even results. Now with Street projections for 2021 matching Ford's initial 2020 guidance, it almost seems as if 2020 was a lost year. That's probably how many companies feel about dealing with a difficult 2020.

-- But the new year has started out strong. January car sales in the U.S. came in at 16.8 million -- U.S. sales are always expressed as a seasonally adjusted annual rate. That's a very good number, but January isn't a big sales month in absolute terms.

-- Recent market strength led J.P. Morgan analyst Ryan Brinkman to raise his rating on Ford stock to Buy because of a "multitude of factors," including "incoming tide of hot new products."

-- The redesigned F-150, along with the Ford Bronco, are two of those products and will likely come up on Ford's earnings conference call. Management will host a conference call at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday to discuss results.

-- The recovery is ongoing, but a market recovery won't be enough for Ford investors in the long term. One of Farley's key jobs is to lower costs and improve margins, getting earnings above recent levels. He also needs to layout an updated electric-vehicle vision for Ford -- the company's most recent EV goals were set around 2018. Ford recently launched the all-electric Mustang Mach E.

Barron's recently wrote positively about Ford, believing new management could improve profit margins and accelerate EV development plans. Since that article appeared, Ford stock is up about 19%, better than the 4% and 1% comparable, respective, gains of the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
02-03-21 1757ET
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford's forecast in focus as it wraps up year with quarterly loss
BY Reuters
— 3:17 PM ET 02/03/2021

By Rachit Vats

(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co's (F) investors are likely to brush aside the company's quarterly loss on Thursday and focus on its 2021 forecast and production target for the revamped F-150 pickup truck, a consistent bestseller in the U.S. automobile market.

The No. 2 U.S. automaker needs to strengthen the inventory of F-150 pickup trucks to bolster its profits for the year. The company had previously said production of the F-150 would take a hit in the fourth quarter as it ramped up production of the new version.

Chief Executive Officer Jim Farley, who took over the helm in October, has promised to move more capital to the automaker's high-growth areas, such as the F-Series pickup truck and its commercial business.

"We expect soft fourth-quarter results driven primarily by F-series downtime. Ford could provide better than expected 2021 outlook, benefiting from new F-150, Bronco, Mach-E launches; better warranty performance, and large restructuring savings from South America," Deutsche Bank auto analyst Emmanuel Rosner said.

THE CONTEXT

Ford's three launches - the redesigned F-150 pickup, electric Mustang Mach-E and the revived Bronco sport-utility vehicle - are considered a make or break for the automaker.

The F-Series truck has been around since 1948, while the F-150 debuted in 1975. Profits from the new F-150 is key to paying back the billions of dollars Ford has borrowed to ride out the economic shock from the coronavirus pandemic.

The company also needs to reduce its warranty repair costs - the primary reason why the Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker' s financial performance in North America has lagged that of its archrival, General Motors Co.

THE FUNDAMENTALS

* Ford is expected to report a 7.7% drop in revenue to $33.84 billion, according to the mean estimate of 11 analysts, based on Refinitiv data.

* The analysts' mean estimate for Ford is for a loss of 7 cents per share. For the same quarter last year, the company reported earnings of 12 cents per share.

WALL STREET SENTIMENT

* The current average analyst rating on the shares is "hold" and the breakdown of recommendations is 4 "strong buy" or "buy," 11 "hold" and 3 "sell" or "strong sell."

* The mean earnings estimate of analysts was unchanged in the last three months.

* Wall Street's median 12-month price target for Ford Motor Co (F) is $9, about 20.3% below its last closing price of $10.83.

(Reporting by Rachit Vats in Bengaluru; Editing by Sweta Singh and Anil D'Silva)

Copyright © Reuters 2008. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
Sponsored