TimmyTallTree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone has information or photos showing the rear storage area in the floor. (as seen below)
Curious to know how large the space is there, usability, and if this is standard on 2door and 4door models.
I imagine the sliding tailgate option in the 4door will render this useless, so what would I be giving up?
Thanks in advance!

rear floor storage.png
Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think I have seen any pictures as of yet. Most are speculating it might be a small cubby or a place to store your hard top tools/bolts when its off. Might be where the bottle jack is stored etc.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone has information or photos showing the rear storage area in the floor. (as seen below)
Curious to know how large the space is there, usability, and if this is standard on 2door and 4door models.
I imagine the sliding tailgate option in the 4door will render this useless, so what would I be giving up?
Thanks in advance!

rear floor storage.png
The more important question is how do you access this storage (jack?) with the option slide out tray that everyone is salivating over?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were some images around from the early prototypes.......not too much space, had the tire jack, etc.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around the 3:40 mark in this 2 dr video

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more important question is how do you access this storage (jack?) with the option slide out tray that everyone is salivating over?
I think it's pretty obvious that the slide out tray is not permanently bolted down, and can swing up or unlatch and be moved.

The slide out tray really is just a flat accessory that sits on the cargo floor. It might not even bolt down, which would explain why there isn't one for the 2-door... it's not deep enough to be able to support the weight of a person sitting on the end of it.

I remember someone (who might have insider info) mention something about a "twist lock"... but I'm not entirely sure if that was based on observation or a guess.

Ford Bronco storage in rear floor 1608308797839

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's pretty obvious that the slide out tray is not permanently bolted down, and can swing up or unlatch and be moved.

The slide out tray really is just a flat accessory that sits on the cargo floor.
I bet they forgot to accommodate for access to the jack just like they forgot to accommodate for the front camera when purchasing the winch.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect for a molded in box for a low profile subwoofer (I hope)
Thats my thought as well. Small amplifier rack and a slim mount 8" or dual 6.5" woofers to level the rear. Seems like a fun project.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a picture of the A51 overland rear. You can faintly see the cut for the underfloor storage.

Appears that it may be the same size as the 2-door, implying the storage cubby space is identical.

Ford Bronco storage in rear floor 1608309610561

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My JKU has one and I keep Jumper cables, a breaker bar, leather gloves, zip ties, bungee cords, utility knife, ratchet straps, shackles, a recovery strap, and probably a few other useful items in it. This one doesn't seem as big, but its been nice to have some basic recovery gear and supplies for a "quick fix" in the Jeep at all times. It's also nice that these cubbies lock shut with the tailgate. So I can keep these things in my Jeep when topless and doorless and they're still safe. Most people who don't have Jeeps don't even know about them.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The slide out tray really is just a flat accessory that sits on the cargo floor. It might not even bolt down, which would explain why there isn't one for the 2-door... it's not deep enough to be able to support the weight of a person sitting on the end of it.

I remember someone (who might have insider info) mention something about a "twist lock"... but I'm not entirely sure if that was based on observation or a guess.

Ford Bronco storage in rear floor 1608309610561
There was some talk it supported a lot of weight to access a roof rack? Has to be more than just sitting there.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet they forgot to accommodate for access to the jack just like they forgot to accommodate for the front camera when purchasing the winch.
I guess they thought people buying the high package wouldn’t get the winch. Are the 360 cameras linked with the front cam? I don’t know. Poor engineering anyway. Especially the bull bar covering up your signature branding.
Sponsored