Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess they thought people buying the high package wouldn’t get the winch. Are the 360 cameras linked with the front cam? I don’t know. Poor engineering anyway. Especially the bull bar covering up your signature branding.
I think the 360 cameras are linked with the front cam only in the sense that without it, it's a "270 camera" system.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's pretty obvious that the slide out tray is not permanently bolted down, and can swing up or unlatch and be moved.

The slide out tray really is just a flat accessory that sits on the cargo floor. It might not even bolt down, which would explain why there isn't one for the 2-door... it's not deep enough to be able to support the weight of a person sitting on the end of it.

I remember someone (who might have insider info) mention something about a "twist lock"... but I'm not entirely sure if that was based on observation or a guess.

1608308797839.png
There's another thread with pix of both naked and with the slider. We understand that it's removable since THE JACK IS UNDER THERE!!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess they thought people buying the high package wouldn’t get the winch. Are the 360 cameras linked with the front cam? I don’t know. Poor engineering anyway. Especially the bull bar covering up your signature branding.
I really don't think they thought about it at all. Esteban told me that the camera is not blocked by the winch. I questioned him on it and he waffled a bit. Scary that the brand manager didn't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the 2-door.

I haven't seen a picture of the 4-door yet.

Under floor storage bin.png
I wonder if thats enuff space for a small 3 or 5 gallon fuel cell. That would improve the range of the 2 doors smaller gas tank.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn’t look like there is enough room, but I’d love to be able to mount a compressor & aux battery under the floor. Something like this.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-dual-arb-compressor-mount/

That way we could have on board air & a dual battery tucked away. I seriously doubt there will be room under the hood. Let’s hope I’m wrong.?

PEACE

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We understand that it's removable since THE JACK IS UNDER THERE!!
I'm pretty sure it will be a PITA to get to the storage under the slide out tailgate. The portion of the tailgate that's inside the cargo area is bolted down covering up the lift up storage hole. So if you need to get to your jack that you left in the storage compartment, you better hope you brought a wrench to take out the entire tailgate assembly so that you can get to that compartment.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure it will be a PITA to get to the storage under the slide out tailgate. The portion of the tailgate that's inside the cargo area is bolted down covering up the lift up storage hole. So if you need to get to your jack that you left in the storage compartment, you better hope you brought a wrench to take out the entire tailgate assembly so that you can get to that compartment.
Here is hoping:

You slide out the tailgate and then can lift the "floor" up and can access below.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is hoping:

You slide out the tailgate and then can lift the "floor" up and can access below.
My recall is that there were some quick release toggles of some sort. I don't think they'd make it hard to access....

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other thing to remember about the rear storage is that it is the only place (outside of glove box and center armrest) that can be locked when your truck is parked with the top and doors removed. At least this is true with my Jeep JK.

It sounds dumb, but I make sure to remotely lock the Jeep with no top and no doors so that the back tailgate is locked. When the tailgate is locked, you can't access the rear storage.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds dumb, but I make sure to remotely lock the Jeep with no top and no doors so that the back tailgate is locked. When the tailgate is locked, you can't access the rear storage.
Do jeeps lock feature come with some sort of force field surrounding the cargo area preventing people from just reaching over into the cargo area?
Ford Bronco storage in rear floor 1609962526218

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The other thing to remember about the rear storage is that it is the only place (outside of glove box and center armrest) that can be locked when your truck is parked with the top and doors removed. At least this is true with my Jeep JK.

Don't be too sure until we see more. It might be a simple pull handle from inside that isn't interfered with by the door. So keep your gold or guns there.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do jeeps lock feature come with some sort of force field surrounding the cargo area preventing people from just reaching over into the cargo area?
1609962526218.jpeg
The panel that covers the storage compartment extends under the tailgate door so that you cannot open it without opening the tailgate. If you worked hard enough with a pry bar, you could probably rip the panel off without opening the tailgate door, but that would probably draw a decent amount of attention and most people don't know about the storage compartment to begin with.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You guys are overthinking this whole slide out tailgate dilemma. In order for it to be a problem, Ford would actually have to bother to MAKE the damn thing, which they seem incapable of doing thus far.
Sponsored